Sitefinity site recompiles after a while, makes the site slo

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:40

Sitefinity site recompiles after a while, makes the site slow

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

From my understanding, by default settings, ASP.NET compile the whole website on the first hit and store the temporary assembly somewhere. For the continues visits, ASP.NET just load the temporary assembly insteading of re-compiling the site unless something has changed.

What happened is the Sitefinity site seems to re-compile itself after a while (20-30mins approx.), this is quite annoy and make site slow sometime.  I am not sure if it is my setting problem or what else.

I had debug="false" optimizeCompilations ="true" and the other settings just on default.

optimizeCompilations doesn't seem to help a lot whether is ture or false.

Please advice. Thanks.

My site is running on Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.5 and 2G of Ram.

Hi Adam,

Can you check if you your application pool gets recycled within the period of 30-40 minutes? The website itself cannot recompile.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Adam,

You're correct, .net compiles things as necessary and shoves them in (in my case) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\.

We've had some speed issues over time with WebSite projects, but they've only been because of a change to either \App_Code\ or \Bin\. There's really no way to get around the time it takes on compilation with a website project except converting a WebSite to a WebApplication project. This just compiles things on the front end rather than the back end. In doing this, you lose the flexibility of being able to drop in code. Also, I'm not sure that this can be done with 4.x, I think I saw a few blogs on doing the conversion in 3.7 (it's been a while).

Do you have anything that may modify the file times in either of these folders- any sort of machine indexing or file syncing? (I'm grasping at straws here)

Also you may check to see if csc.exe or vbc.exe is running on your web server during the time things are slow. This would be a surefire way to tell that something was recompiling.

Joel

The recyling time interval is 1740 minutes. I have screen shot the recycling setting for my application pool.

Nothing is changed in my project folder, except the Sitefinity logs in \App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs but this won't triggle the site complication

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Adam,

Can you check when the application pool gets restarted or its goes idle? The website cannot rebuild itself.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed