Referencing an image from a gallery in CSS

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:53

Referencing an image from a gallery in CSS

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've uploaded an image to an image gallery in Sitefinity 4. I want to use it as a background-image of the body in the page and reference the image, like so:

background-image: url('metal_texture_7_by_wojtar_stock.jpg);

However, the background-image does not appear on the page. How can I reference the image successfully?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Isn't there an embed link somewhere you can copy\paste in the gallery which would work?  I know the Documents library has that...

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

You need to write the absolute path of the image. You can check it as you go to Images module and click on "Embed this image" link of the particular image. From Link field you can copy the absolute path.

Greetings,
Katia
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2016 00:00

This is the approach I used, however, this does not seem to be a good solution for those of us using site-sync.  Could you tell me how to solve this under a staging / production scenario?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2016 00:00

Hello Eric,

Can you please try to use only the relative part of the image in your code, e.g.

/images/default-source/default-album/my-image.jpg?sfvrsn=2

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed