System workflows missing in Sitefinity 4.0 .130

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:15

System workflows missing in Sitefinity 4.0 .130

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have a deployed instance of Sitefinity 4 (build .130), and I was checking in the solution to TFS 2010 and noticed that under the workflows folder, there are about 7-8 workflows (BlogApproval.xamlx, etc), which all have exclamation marks next to them (the convention for VS2010 to tell you that the file is missing).

However, this is the Community license and if I make another Sitefinity project with this license type, I get two workflows in this folder (which don't exist in my deployed instance).

The only explanation is that my deployed instance of Sitefinity used to be Enterprise (I tested the trial of this license), and changed to Community. I tried to make a Sitefinity instance/project with the Enterprise license trial but it failed (corrupt license). I have not deleted any Sitefinity system files as I make an elaborate effort not to mess with anything I don't know.

So, my questions/concerns are:

1) Where are the workflows in my deployed instance? There are 2 folders in Sitefinity called Workflow, both have nothing in them.
2) If there are 7-8 workflows missing in the deployed instance, where are they when I make another instance of the Sitefinity Community edition?

I have not seen any errors in my deployed Sitefinity instance (where the 7-8 system workflows are missing). This problem sounds a lot like this - http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/no-workflows-in-project-directory.aspx

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi G S S,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

You can delete the workflow files that you see in Visual Studio - these are automatically generated files by the solution, the workflows are embedded resources in Sitefinity. If you want you can either start from scratch and Define a custom workflow or download the default workflows on your http://www.sitefinity.com/ account in the Downloads section.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request. Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed