Authentication mode="Windows"

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:28

Authentication mode="Windows"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

In 3.7 you offered the option to for windows authentication:
http://www.sitefinity.com/help/developer-manual/windows-authentication.html

I'm just upgrading out 3.7 to 4 at the moment and doing the testing, but i'm having lots of trouble getting Windows authentication to work.
I've made the same changes as those in 3.7, but it won't
1) Log you on automattically
2) I get this error:"Security settings for this service require 'Anonymous' Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service."   when I visit the basic settings page (<site>/Sitefinity/Administration/Settings/Basic)

Any help would be appreciated.  We really need this to work.

Thank you
Regards
Byron

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Byzza,

The current build of Sitefinity 4.0 does not support Windows Authentication. We will have it on a later stage. We support Active Directory authentication, but the user should provide their credentials. There is a method AuthenticateUser of the SecurityManager which you can use to automatically generate role and user cookie, but you should know user's password and username.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

is there any update as to when this feature will be included?

Hello,

We are working on new authentication and the feature should be available shortly. I hope that we will be able to include it in the next release.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for the quick response. I was just looking at the road map to see what else is coming up and I notice it is set to version 5, will the migration module work for 3.7 -->5 or will I have to upgrade to 4.4 first?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

The migration module will work for upgrades from 3.7 SP4 to 5.o version. I am not sure if there are some blocking issues, but once 5.0 is out we will post migration process related bugs.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed