RSS Feed import issue to SF Content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:43

RSS Feed import issue to SF Content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello,

I have an RSS feed coming from an external source. The Feed is updated on regular basis. I have a feeds and Notifications developed on SF site which consumes the RSS feed and publishes into a Blog that I have and also export as an RSS feed (I donot necessarily need it but I have it only for testing purposes). 

I know for sure that the incoming feed has a news element added on Friday at 4.45 P.M. but the news item is not present in the blogs or in the RSS that I created on the SF site. Please note the importing RSS feed has the news item. When I go to the feeds and notifications and under Actions - > Run then the new feed is updated. To me it looks like the Feeds and notifications is not updating the RSS Feed automatically. Can you please let me know what I am missing and how to make the feed automatically update the blog. Please note that the Feed is Active.

Thanks
Madhavan

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Madhavan,

This is the expected behavior for now. There is no way to schedule recurring update of your feeds from the user interface. We are aware of this limitation and we will do our best to include this enhancement for our Q2 release. Until then we will provide you with a way to schedule your feeds from the API with our service pack release that is underway.

Keep an eye on our blogs in the upcoming days for solution to your problem.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Has this been addressed?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Yes, we have implemented scheduling for feeds and it is currently being tested. We will release this feature with our upcoming Q2 release due in a month. Until then you can use a blog post that I wrote on the topic on how to achieve this from the API - Staying close to your competitors - Part: Creating Scheduled tasks that update feeds automatically.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks for the update!  I appreciate it.

This thread is closed