Accessing PageService.svc ends with a 302 Object Moved

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:44

Accessing PageService.svc ends with a 302 Object Moved

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Have uploaded a site to a host provider.
The front end seems to work ok.

However when trying to access either the Pages or Page Templates, a message would popup saying Resource cannot be found.

I looked at fiddler and it shows that it tries to access the PageServiec.svc it gets a 302 response and to access /login.aspx instead. This the returns a 404 response.

I have uploaded the files again in case there was a problem with the upload but I am still getting the same issue.

Is there anything you can suggest?

Thanks Damian

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Bruno,

The front-end part is also using the same web service, but you've said there are no issues there. Is it possible this to be related to the permissions? Do you have any special permissions applied to the pages section? I can guess there is a problem there, because you are being redirected to the login page.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

But on the development machine, there is no issue with the permissions.
And it is getting the 404 error for the login page.

Fiddler shows this:

# Result Protocol URL Body Caching Content-Type Process Comments Custom
18 302 HTTP /Sitefinity/Services/Pages/PagesService.svc/?managerType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager&providerName=&itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode&hierarchyMode=true&sortExpression=Title%20ASC%20HTTP/1.1 593 private application/json; charset=utf-8 iexplore:9940
19 404 HTTP /login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fSitefinity%2fServices%2fPages%2fPagesService.svc%2f%3fmanagerType%3dTelerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager%26providerName%3d%26itemType%3dTelerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode%26hierarchyMode%3dtrue%26sortExpression%3dTitle%2520ASC%2520HTTP%2f1.1&managerType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager&providerName=&itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode&hierarchyMode=true&sortExpression=Title%20ASC%20HTTP/1.1 3,451 private text/html; charset=utf-8 iexplore:9940

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Bruno,

It looks like your website is set to run under .NET Medium Trust. Can you please verify that? If this is the case you should set the website to run in Full Trust as we do not support Medium Trust.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed