User Rights on pages ..

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:25

User Rights on pages ..

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

How do I check programtically to see who the current user is ...For example who is logged in. I also need to know through the API how I check to see if a user has the rights to view a page. For example, if user A has the right to view page X. Can you please provide an example on these two things.
1. how to get the current user
2. how to check to see if the user has rights to view a particular page.

Thanks in advance.
jon

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Jon,

1. You can use SecurityManager.GetCurrentUser() method.

2. The PageNode implements ISecuredObject, so you can call pagenode.Permissions to to get all permissions for a given page. There is extension method IsGranted that you can use to check permissions for a given user

You can take a look at our dev manual - Security section.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

ISecured Object doesn't let me pass in a page name. What I need to do is check to see if user X has permissions on a certain page. For example, does user 1 have View persmissions on page X...
How do I do this using the API ?

Thanks in advance,
jon

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Jon,

First you need to get the PageNode. You can use the fluent or standard API to do this. Please make sure that you have reference to using Telerik.Sitefinity.Security. IsGranted is an extension. It has 4 overloads, so you can pass the secured object and the principal in one of them

IsGranted(this ISecuredObject item, string permissionSet, Guid[] principals, int actions)

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Could you provide a code example of checking to see if a user has view rights on a specific page. Its still not clear...

Thanks in advance.
Jon

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Jon,

Please see the below attached code sample, showing how to get all Pages that a certain Role has View rights to. I hope it gives you a hint on how to achieve the desired functionality.

Copy Code
var fluent = App.WorkWith();
var roleManager = RoleManager.GetManager("AppRoles");
var everyoneRole = roleManager.GetRole("Everyone");
SecurityConfig cfg = Config.Get<SecurityConfig>();
var permSet = cfg.Permissions[SecurityConstants.Sets.Pages.SetName];
int actionMask = permSet.Actions[SecurityConstants.Sets.Pages.View].Value;
var pages = fluent.Pages().Where(page => page.IsGranted(SecurityConstants.Sets.Pages.View, new Guid[] everyoneRole.Id , actionMask)).Get();

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed