Rad Upload

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:52

Rad Upload

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

How do I use the Rad Upload tool? I've searched for documentation for quite a while but can't find any?

Basically, I have several pages created. Each page has different viewing rights based on the user's role(s).

On each page, I need to have upload and download tools whose files will vary depending on what page it is.

For instance, if it is the "Alpha" page, files will need to be uploaded to the "Alpha" directory, and file list will need to show all the files in the "Alpha" directory. The same would hold true for the "Bravo" page, etc.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Network,

You can find more details about RadUpload tool on Rad Upload for ASP.NET Ajax page. There you'll see some sample code and different implementation scenarios, that I believe fit yours. Setting the TargetFolder property for the RadUpload tool is very easy and allows you to point each upload tool on each page to different folder in your file structure.

However, the Download List gets its source from your Image, Documents etc Libraries. If you want to set this up, what I'd suggest is to take a look at the JobsIntermediate module in the Visual Studio Sample solution, that came with your Sitefinity installation. There you can see the way uploading applications to Libraries is handled - follow these examples to set your upload tools to upload to different library for each page, and then set this library as a source to the  Download List.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request. Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed