Error when dealing with Documents library

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:19

Error when dealing with Documents library

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

When i visit Content/Documents & Files in the backend of Sitefinity, the error message, 'Could not deserialize service response, because it was empty or not a valid JSON.' appears, on clicking ok to this message, it continues to loop and re-displays this message box. This only happens with the Documents and Files libraries, images, videos etc are absolutely fine. I do have document files within a number of libraries within Documents and Files, however when clicking on Content/Documents & Files, i get the screenshot below; telling me i have no documents/libraries. If you look at the screenshot of my database though, you will see that i do have libraries in there.

Have you any thoughts as to what this could be?

EDIT: In addition to this, when i insert a Download List widget onto a page, and it lists all the documents i do have; if i then click on one of those files to download, it will download half the file, and then stop downloading.

Also, different browsers display different messages in the backend when trying to view Documents & Files:
IE: 'Return code: 12152'
FF: 'Could not deserialize service response, because it was empty or not a valid JSON.'
Chrome: Nothing, it just displays the header of the backend, with a white page for content.

Thanks,

Louis

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Louis Farrell,

Can you send us backup of your database and App_Data folder in order to investigate what is the problem with documents?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Louis Farrell,

We found similar problem as the issue you are reporting with this ticket and we fixed it. Fix will be available at Sitefinity SP1.
In order to test if this is the same problem we still expect backup of your database and App_Data folder,

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

Thanks for you responses Milena!

I will create a ticket soon with our database and app_data included.

You said it in your latest response, 'We found similar problem as the issue you are reporting with this ticket and we fixed it.' But no reference to a ticket? I am just a little interested that is all.

Thanks for your help!

Louis

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Louis Farrell,

Thank you for submitting all the required files. As mentioned in the support ticket we have been able to reproduce the error and have fixed it for the SP release.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am opening a Page Template of my own in design mode. I click Publish and I get the attached error message. I cannot publish my templates any more.

Many thanks,
Andrei

P.S. All my pages and templates do that now. 

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Guys, any takes on this?
Thanks

Hello Andrei,

Please check whether something blocks the web service call. You can easily observe HTTP request and response with Fire Bug and its Net tab. Also check for some js errors.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ivan,

I started all over again.
I am just getting FireBug now for future issues.

Thanks,
Andrei

This thread is closed