4.0 Optimization

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:35

4.0 Optimization

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello, I've been searching the forums for optimization tips and see a lot of links to caching in 3.x.  But nothing references 4.0 and the web.config entries referenced do not seem applicable to 4.0.  Can someone point me to a resource for optimizing performance?  I have debug set to false and noticed that in advanced page settings, you can enable caching.  So I wanted to do this for all pages of our site since our content is mostly static.

I performed this query on the DB: UPDATE sf_page_data SET cache_output = 1

Is this the correct way to do this without having the check ever single page in the CMS admin?  Do I need to set cache_profile to 'Default'?  I wasn't sure what this column did but I have several null entries.

Thanks.

Hello Chris,

I suggest that you should use the pages API to set caching for all pages.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks Ivan for the quick response.  However I'm not much of a programmer and would like to resolve this more quickly.  Is my database update sufficient to enable caching or do I need to also set the cache_profile?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello ,

1. You should set cache_output to 1
2. You should set the cache durtation

3. cache_profile is a column that persist the value of the OutputCacheProfile name. The default profile name is Default. By default cache_profile is empty.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed