a few questions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:54

a few questions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello,
   I'm currently looking at Sitefinity as well as some other CMS tools and I have a few questions.

1. When I enter a news item, evet, blog, etc there are 2 rows entered into the table for that record, Why is there 2 rows?

2. I'm trying to use the Fluent API to pull items out of the tables, in this case blogs, and it's showing two records even though I entered in 1 blog. I watched the video and I'm doing everything he did with the exception I'm using a .net gridview instead of a telerik radgrid. Why would the 1 record appear twice?

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi NewToCMS,

1. One of the version is the published one. This is the actual version you see on the front end - public side of your website. Each content has 3 stages

•         Master - This is the primary state of an item and always exists. You see only drafts in the backend.,
  •         Temp - This is a copy of the item that exists to mark changes in an edit screen. It marks the item as locked.,
  •         Live - This is a snapshot of the draft item that is visible on the public side.

2. You need to get the items where cnt.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed