Analytics stalls at "Loading Sitefinity Analytics"

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:55

Analytics stalls at "Loading Sitefinity Analytics"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

I am not sure what is going on.  This is my second site that I have launched and the first site is not having this issue.  The only difference between the two is this site was upgraded from an RC version. When I click on the Analytics link I get the initial Silverlight loading screen.  Then I get the "Loading Sitefinity Analytics" and it never goes any further.

I looked with firebug and it is generating a 500 internal server error on a post for the AnalyticsPermissionsServices.svc

Any ideas on what is going on?  I have looked over my permissions and cannot find what might be missing.  I have the app pool set to network services and have full control on App_Data (though services are not under this folder).

Edit:
I tried to remove the analytics config file from app_data to see if it was causing an issue.  I am still having the same problem when doing that.  I took another look with firebug and looked at the xml output.  It says"

XML Parsing Error: no element found Location: moz-nullprincipal:d5e9f358-37fd-41f1-920c-ee989d2ae21a Line Number 1, Column 1:
^

This is the script error that is being thrown in Firefox and IE

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MAAU; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Zune 4.7)
Timestamp: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:37:27 UTC

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details.   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.PermissionsService.ApplicationIsConfiguredCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.Services.WcfPermissionsService.ApplicationIsConfiguredCompleted(Object sender, ApplicationIsConfiguredCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.PermissionsService.AnalyticsPermissionsServiceClient.OnApplicationIsConfiguredCompleted(Object state)
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0

It looks like just removing the analytics config is not enough.  Removing both it and the dashboard.config seems to reset whatever was throwing the exception.  This post details what you will need to do if you are having a similar situation.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Stacey,

Yes, removing the DashboardPermissions.config and AnalyticsConfiguration.config is the way to restart your Analytics application. However I am interested in the way this happened. Are you upgrading your website from a previous version in which it used to work, or is it the first time you are setting up your Analytics application?

It would be great if you let us know how you manage to come to the problem, so that we can schedule a fix for it as soon as possible.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hristo,

When RC 2 was out I configured analytics on this site to see what it looked like.  It was working at that time as far as I can remember.  Then I upgraded to your release build and found the problem I described in this post. 

When I looked through the config folder under App_Data I did see backup files which I am assuming came from the RC2 to RTM upgrade.  In total I had 4 files and opted to just remove them all to be safe.

AnalyticsConfiguration.config
AnalyticsConfiguration.bak
DashboardPermissions.config
DashboardPermissions.bak

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Stacey,

Thank you for your assistance. In future we will do our best to be careful when we change anything part of the configuration files and make sure much better upgrade path that doesn't cause any inconvenience for you.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

I have the same problem. I upgraded from 4.4 to 5.1. I am going to attempt the dashboard and analytics

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

Yes, this solution works. I have my old config files Telerik wants them. My 4.4 site upgraded to 5.1 caused this error. Resolved by taking dashboard and analytics out.

This thread is closed