Anyone get smtp working

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:58

Anyone get smtp working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

I've tried a million things but I can't get work flow to send an email. I even tried just getting it to write the email to a temp directory. Anyone get this working. It's driving me nuts...

In the screen shot I don't see a smtp host, username, pwd, etc.
Once they're entered you should be all set.

Do you need those when the method is to write to a pickup directory. I tried that and it didn't work.

I have also tried sending to our smtp server both authenticated and unauthenticated. neither send mail.

to make sure its not an smtp issue try and create a regular asp.net form to send email out using  your smtp settings.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'Do you need those when the method is to write to a pickup directory.'.

if SMTP is setup on your web server then the permissions should be all set with the mail folders.

We already send email through smtp on that box so that's why I am confused. I've tried using the same settings but thought i would test it by writing it to a file as I can't get it to work just sending it directly to the smtp server.

I should add as well we use LDAP as our security provider so I'm not sure if that causing the problem. Its certainly caused other problems though.

i'm not understanding why your trying to write to a file when sending an email via smtp. Are you trying to send an attachment via smtp through sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

It was an attempt to try to debug why I'm not getting email as I am having no lucking using network delivery via smtp. I think it a bit odd that it doesn't write a log file or anything in the event log if emails are sent. I even turned on a windows process monitor to see if it was attempting to write to the directory but it seems that it's not even trying as nothing so up for file activity.

Do you an easy way to test it. I've been attempting to get it to send email with workflow. I also tried the newsletter beta with no luck there either. Is there simple way to send an email in SF?

No, I tried to send email via SF and it went fine, sorry

How did you send email? As a workflow step notification?

Hello kz,

You can map the external xaml files  - templates for the workflow that we use and inject your code that sends an email. You can find the templates inside the downloads section of your account. You might find these posts useful

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed