Content Details Page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:17

Content Details Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi all,

Having a bear of a time figuring out how to do this. On my home page, I have a list of news items and a list of events. When a user clicks on these, I want to go to a separate page with the details for whatever they clicked on, but I can't figure out how to do this dynamically--surely I don't have to create a news/event details page for EACH item manually.

How does this work?

Thanks!

Figured this out on Events... assume news works the same way. It's described on this page.

www.sitefinity.com/.../configuring-the-events-widget.aspx

Hi Zak,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

More information about setting a ContentDetails page for Content widgets can be found here. Please take a look at the video I've attached, where I'm showing you how to implement this functionality to News and Events modules.

Please do not hesitate to get back to me if you need any additional information.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thanks so much Boyan. That's exactly what I needed.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have a question similar to this, that appears not to be satisified with the "Configuring the news section". I will preface this however by saying I've only been using Sitefinity on and off the past week so it maybe just be my ignorance.

If I have a page with two columns. The left one has been configured to show the list of news, the right column has been configured to display a selected news items. How do I link the two so when selecting a list item, it displays in the detail control on the same page?

Secondly, if the list of news is displayed on other pages, how can I have them display the selected news item in the correct content control? At the moment, they default to being displayed in the first news control which is the list.

I hope that makes sense.

thanks

justin

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Justin,

The default behavior of the News widget is to display a selection of news in the predefined mode (List, Single item, Selection). When clicked a news item opens in an autogenerated page - if no other page selected, and auto generated page will be created to resemble exactly the page where you clicked on the item, and the widget switches in Single item mode. Clicking on the all news link returns you back to the page where the News widget is in List mode.

I hope this information helps. If you need any further help accomplishing the desired functionality, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2011 00:00

Boyan,

thanks for the clarification. sadly not the behaviour I was after but will have to make do.

Are there any plans for separate news widgets, one to list and one to display rather than the combination that is there now?

thanks

justin

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Justin,

Thank you for getting back to me. Actually setting the ContentViewDisplayMode property in the advanced settings of the News widget to Master on the first widget and Details on the other achieves exactly the behavior you want. Can you please take a look at the attached sample video demonstrating how you can achieve this.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2011 00:00

Thanks, that was what I was after.

Is it documented anywhere because I did look in the help files first, but couldn't find anything.

regards

justin

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Justin,

I am glad that the issue you were facing is now resolved. I have logged this particular piece of documentation in our system with Story ID 39657 and it will be included in our Documentation. Thank you for the patience and valuable feedback. It was a pleasure for me to assist you.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2013 00:00

Thank you for these videos. I literally spent 6 hours trying to get the news detail page working and thanks to the video I finally have it displaying just the details and not everything one our main news page.

The only thing is mine does not have a return to all news - how would I go about adding that to the detailed template?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2013 00:00

Hello Thomas,

You can edit your details template, and you'll find commented out the MasterViewHyperlink, which if uncommented will deliver the desired functionality:

%-- <div class="sfnewsLinksWrp">
                <sf:MasterViewHyperLink class="sfnewsBack" Text="<%$ Resources:NewsResources, AllNews %>" runat="server" />
            </div> --%>

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed