Control lifecycle + ViewState?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:21

Control lifecycle + ViewState?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

I built a custom control that acts as a wizard and contains other controls within it. I built and tested the control using a blank asp.net webform page and everything was working perfectly. I add the control to a page in SiteFinity and it seems like there is no viewstate. Nothing is saved or reloaded. The page has a huge viewstate blob in page source but when I watch the traffic using fiddler, the _viewstate is sent as empty. The control i build has an update panel.

What's the deal? I've tried to change where I handle things in the life cycle but nothing helps. I'm pretty sure its a viewstate issue. What's going on? How can I get the viewstate to post without doing a full post back?

Yes, I enabled viewstate on the page and the control through sitefinity and I set viewstate enabled for my control and all sub controls.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Dustin,

There is know issue with the ViewState. Currently the team is working on it and I hope that we will be able to come up with a solution for Q1. Unfortunately I am not able to provide you with a proper solution for this case. If possible use cookie or session. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this might have caused you.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2014 00:00

Has this been resolved yet? I am trying to use the ASP Wizard control and none of the values persist across postbacks once the control is rendered in a Sitefinity page. Outside of Sitefinity things work fine.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2014 00:00

Hello Tony,

There should not be any issues with the ViewState. Can you please make sure that you have enabled the ViewState for the page where you have dragged the wizard control since this might be a possible cause for the issue. In order to do this please click on the Actions link of the page and then click on the Titles and Properties link. Then please expand the Advanced options section and check the Enable View State checkbox. Please refer to the screenshot.

If the issue still persists after performing the above, can you please let me know what is your Sitefinity version. Can you please also also give some details about the wizard control you have created or if possible send us the code in order to be able to test the behavior on our side. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed