RadControls with Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:27

RadControls with Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

We're considering purchasing Sitefinity 4.x to upgrade a client currently deployed on an older version of the CMS. If we acquire the Small Business edition, will we be able to use the RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax for development on other .NET projects (not Sitefinity)?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

Hey Max,

be careful. Telerik RadControls ASP.NET AJAX do not work within Sitefinity 4.0 as you expect. - I have a very frustrating discussion with Sitefinity team since january 2011. Sitefinity 4.0 cannot solve the problem, that for instance radgrid does NOT fire at updating records as widgets embedded in a Sitefinity page. - This was the best feature since SF 3.7 and now in SF 4.0 version  Sitefinity team is talking about workarounds and so on ..... I am losing money with my own customers about it!!!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Max,

the RadControls included in the Sitefinity distribution are licensed and restricted for use only on Sitefinity projects.
If you want to use RadControls for other projects, you need to purchase a separate license.

As Robert mentioned in the post below, there is a known issue with RadControls lifecycle used on Sitefinity pages that we are currently working to resolve. We expect to have a solution to that problem and distribute it it in a hotfix by  the middle of March.

You can start your evaluation of Sitefinity with that in mind. 
I hope that helped!

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am thinking of using Sitfinity and the Silverlight RADControls.

I would like to know more about when developers with a Sitefinity licence are allowed to use the Silverlight RADControls in their own apps.

If I have a sitefinity project with 1 page, but in this page is a Silverlight App which uses the Silverlight RADControls, is this allowed through my sitefinity or do I need to purchase another licence for the RADControls?!?

Many thanks,

Conor

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Conor,

Thank you for contacting us!

Your developers are allowed to use all tools included with the Sitefinity SDK and the RadControls for Silverlight are included. So there is no problem to use them within a Sitefinity project. Only if you would like to use the RadControls for other projects (outside of Sitefinity), you have to puchase them.

Hope that helps, Conor! If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us at your convenience!

Best wishes,

Stanislav Padarev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed