Sitefinity 4.0 SP1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:58

Sitefinity 4.0 SP1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

I see that the roadmap states that SP1 will be delivered during the week of the 21st of February. Will this stil happen seeing that we are already on the 25th?

Jean Erasmus

Noooope :) Gave siadnext week, but the last newsletter says first 1/2 of march....sooo

I keep getting disappointed by this release of Sitefinity. I my mind this is still in Beta phase.

I could not agree more. The RTM of SF4.0 is full of bugs, holes, incomplete features, it's the Windows Vista of SF. Hopefully SP1 will be our Win 7.

Where is SP1? The roadmap says week of Feb 21st. Still waiting.

Seconded, or thirded, or whatever. I'm a little embarrassed to have pushed SF4 so much in my organization. Holes, bugs, so much that should've been caught in QA. :(

So SP1 was pushed back?

Hi all,

We are working on last minute fixes for the Sitefinity 4.0 Q1 SP1 and are planning a release the next week.
The Service Pack will be out towards the middle of the week and will include many fixes and optimizations.

Kind regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2011 00:00

Yes, unfortunatly there are many basic features that are standard with asp.net that are just missing, like windows authentication. Then there is the pain of developing custom modules, the amount of plumbing code is just rediculous. I can't beleive we actually paid $8000 for this.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Jean, Zak, Embrace and all other developers,

yes, I also agree with you. - SF 4.0 is not ready for sophisticated projects. - Telerik RAD Tools ASP.NET AJAX do NOT work within SF 4.0 as it worked in SF 3.7 .... - If you insert a grid as widget into a SF4 page - inserts, updates, delete commands do NOT fire. - So you cannot use it. - As I read in my trouble tickets, SF-team promotes workarounds. - But workarounds are not a solution. So implementation of SF 4.0 is still poor until now and it will take a long time to satisfy developers and customers.

Regards, Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello guys,

We have released the service pack. Please check the following forum thread for details - http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/sitefinity-4-0-q1-sp1-released.aspx

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed