How to develop a cusomized "Twitter"-like Connecto

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:16

How to develop a cusomized "Twitter"-like Connector?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

I need a connector to synclize with my local "twitter" service, is there any guild about how to write such a connector?

Hi devpro,

You can take a look at code in the Charity Starter Kit which includes Social media widgets like Facebook, Twitter & Flickr.

I hope this helps you in your project. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

thank you for your message.

I have look the Charity StarterKit, for my understood, the widgets deal with the UI part to integrate social site.
What I need is some connector to process the backend communication between my site(based on sitefinity) and the local social site with like( Twitter) through their open API. I want to publish my blog/News to that social site.

Does the sitefinity SDK include such a provider machanim or exapmle.

Regards,

Hello devpro,

Sorry for not getting your idea properly the first time. I believe that going to Sitefinity>>Administration>>Settings>>Basic>>Twitter should point you in the right direction.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

that work with Twitter only, right?

Can I customize my own connector like this to sync content with China local social network?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi devpro,

Yes, the twitter pipe would work only with registered Twitter applications.
But if I get you cottectly "I want to publish my blog/News to that social site." - this can be achieved. One way is to create a custom pipe for your local twitter-like service, but currently there's a bug to be fixed about implementing this functionality.
What I can recommend you is to create an RSS feed that is publishing events, which you create in Sitefinity, and feed it in your other site. You can take a look at  ASP.NET RSS Toolkit and Creating a Feed resources, I believe they would be very helpful.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed