Choose language based on browser setting

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:28

Choose language based on browser setting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi!

We use in our project several language versions for the content in the frontend. Is there any way to have Sitefinity choose the language version automatically when a user navigates to the website based on the user's browser settings?

In Sitefinity 3.7 I was able to set this in the web.config file, but I can't find any documentation on how this is done in Sitefinity 4.

Best Regards,
David Knittl

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

That's a tough one - yes we used to support this in 3.x, but for 4.0 you'll have to implement a custom handler to achieve this functionality.

I hope this information helps. If you need any further help with this issue, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

David,

Hello again. Thank you for pointing out the need for such functionality. Just to let you know that I've logged it as a feature request and we'll be working on it. You can track it in PITS here.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thanks for the answer and for logging it as a feature request!

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi, I Have the same problem i want to display my site based on the browser language, I work with sitefinity 7.0.

Help!

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi,

Our colleague Jen Peleva has shared some recommendations and a sample approach to achieving this functionality by intercepting the user's first request, checking for their browser's culture, and redirecting to a specified URL. You can find more information about this suggestion discussed in this forum thread, hope you find it useful.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed