What’s New

Pages

• Implemented advanced page properties:
    • Enable/disable Viewstate, SSL, Scriptmanager, Output caching
    • Include/exclude page from search indexing
    • Option to insert head tags

Other

• Widget Templates - Added "Restore to default template" functionality
  • Error Logging - Added extended info and logging of handled exceptions in the error log
  • Analytics - Added SSL support
  • Multilingual - Added support for specific ASP.NET cultures
  • Forms - Added multilingual support for form entries
  • Backend Pages – Included ability to edit backend templates
  • Browse end edit – Added permissions
  • RadControls - Upgraded to 2010 Q3 version

What’s Fixed

Important Fix (Upgrade is recommended):

• Problem with change of page template resulting in lost widgets on the page
  • Load balancing: fixed critical problems

Performance Optimizations

• Improved performance on the Pages screen
  • Improvements in page caching

Pages

• Group page Actions menu doesn’t show an option to create a child page (Ticket ID: 387276)
  • Server error when accessing a Group Page with no Child pages
  • Error appearing on preview of a page with one content block
  • Error "Object does not match target type" when dropping Style Sheet Manager control on a page
  • Duplicating a page and changing its parent results in message "You cannot save your changes, because a page with such URL already exists. Change the page URL and try again"
  • Back to revision history button takes you back to pages list (Rivision History forum thread)
  • Page URLs are not resolved properly when the name of the project is entered with uppercase letters
  • Changed the ordering of the CSS links in the public page head section to be:  1. Rad controls files, 2. themes files, 3. Files added via CSS widget

Page Templates

• Trying to publish a template shows unnecessary message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?"
  • Undefined Error when trying to publish new template with custom master file   
  • Fixed issue with template loosing relationship to a base template when it is renamed

Widgets

• Removed RadControls from Widgets toolbar
  • Navigation - Fixed problem with Navigation type not updated
  • Image> From already selected option -  Applied paging and increased performance (Issue with Default view for Content > Images )
  • Image Gallery  – Alternative text doesn’t have background  under IE
  • Image/Video Galleries - Upload button  does not perform action
  • Image Gallery, Video gallery, Download list - upload new items throws a JavaScript error
  • Content Block - In HTML mode added validation for allowed tags  (certain code into content box will break SF)
  • Content Block - Document Manager doesn’t display properly long document titles (CSS problem in Documents Designer)
  • Workflow statuses cannot be changed for items uploaded through widgets
  • Skins property cannot be used

Content

• Error showing when the user clicks on More actions menu and Publish button
  • When filtering is applied, the link 10 more doesn’t work
  • Categories – When adding a Child category all subcategories are shown under Select Parent   
  • Comments - if you delete a content item with comments and try to access Comments section an error appears
  • Comments - Server error while attempting to add comment when user is not logged

Images, Videos, Documents and Files

• Inserting an image or video from your computer and publishing the item in Chrome results in exception
  • Updating the setting "ItemsPerPage (in Advanced Settings> Libraries > Controls > ImagesBackend > ImagesBackendList ) causes  paging to be lost in Image list in Administration

Forms

• Exposed the following events: FieldValidatio, BeforeFormSave, BeforeFormAction, FormSaved
  • Entries support: The CSV exporter was added to the unity container

Analytics

• Issue with UserManager and RoleManager not retrieving data from all providers 
  • URL creation/parsing bug where city/region links are with the same location name
  • Removed CountryCenterLocations.config from the root folder of SitefinityWebApp
  • Switching the data grouping (e.g. day to month) occasionally causes the chart to display incorrectly and throw exceptions on tooltip opening
  • Users can select invalid date ranges in the date range picker
  • Selecting a start date earlier than 1/1/2005 caused an exception to be thrown
  • Better validation states to the Settings page and Administrators page
  • Added a drop-down combo box for dashboards with multiple dimension values (e.g. Browsers dashboard where each browser is a dimension value).

Users and Permissions

• Pages, Content - added proper message when user with no permissions tries to delete locked item/page
  • Images, Videos - embedded link to a file is accessible by users who don’t have the necessary permissions
  • Published Video, Images, Documents cannot be viewed by non authenticated users
  • A link to a protected page inserted in a Content Block is not rendered if the user viewing the page is not logged in (How do I get all links to showup)
  • Adding or removing users doesn't update the users counter in the filters "By Roles" and "Roles"
  • Permissions assigned to page groups are not inherited and applied properly

Search

• Incorrect paging in Search results widget which is placed on a child page
  • Search results widget with applied template Title only  displays incorrect URL in the search results (Search Result Title only Template)

Multilingual Support

• Design > Page templates -  Editor trying to edit a page which template is restricted to admins, sees an error message
  • Search problems while front end localization is on
  • Deleting one translation deletes all language versions
  • Fixed if-modified-since header datetime parsing for custom locale settings

SDK> Products Module Sample

• Fix for various problems with comments
  • Custom field controls
  • Installing a custom taxonomy
  • Deleting of comments when deleting a product item

Other

• Workflow - The default SitefinityWebApp.csproj includes the Workflow files that were removed from the project. References are now fixed
  • Approval Workflow - Fixed issue with user not able to edit the status of image/video/document when these have been uploaded through the editor of the page
  • Custom fields - Application crash when using an user defined taxonomy in a custom field in Upload Dialog
  • Administration - Editing Default Backend Template in Backend Pages results in error "
  • Sitefinity Project - Removed the workflow folder reference in the SitefinityWebApp.csproj, included the Configuration folder
  • Project Manager – Creating new project on FTP and right-clicking on Show License Info displays exception
  • Expires headers are not set on resources

Known Issues

For a list of known issue, please, see Siteifnity on Telerik’s Public Tracking System. You can vote and report bugs there.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Removed RadControls from Widgets toolbar

Why were these removed, and if I already was using them, will they still be there? I was using the RadToolTip one quite a bit.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Ref:
 Backend Pages – Included ability to edit backend templates

How do i edit the backend insert template for News?

Thanks,
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

@Kristian - The RadControls toolbox sections is not completely removed. It is disabled from the configurations -> Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Toolboxes -> PageControls -> RadControls toolbox section. You can enable it from simply setting the Enable checkbox in administration. This will not stop you using the RadControls within Sitefinity projects as we are not changing the way we ship the control suites with the CMS.

@Duneel - Backend templates can be edited by going to Administration -> Backend Pages. When you are on the backend pages screen in the right side bar you will see Templates link which will take you the backend templates section. All backend pages use the same template. I think what you want to do is connected to editing the template for the news backend control.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

I was expecting to see the shared content functionality???

Thanks,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,

Please check our Roadmap. The Shared Content feature will be released with the 2011 Q1 release, about a month from now.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Radoslav,

Would you recommend a full msi download at this point or just the project manager will do just fine?

Andrei

Hello Andrei,

Depends on what you are aiming for. For development purposes I recommend that you use the MSI.

We have some new documentation regarding the products sample module as well as a number of fixes in the sample code for modules. I would use the full MSI installation and let it upgrade my existing one. Since I use the Libraries folder as the store location for reference assemblies this will automatically update my reference assemblies and all I need to do is build my projects to so that they get the new binaries.

Make sure you backup existing projects before you install the new SP.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Radoslav,

Will we still be getting weekly builds up to Q1? I am hoping to maybe get the shared content in one of the weekly builds before Q1 as I have to deliver this project by 29th/30th.

Cheers,
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

Yes, weekly releases will be not be stopped. 
We will try to push the new features into weekly releases - there are other people with the same suggestions.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

How can we tell if the SP took? I've applied it to a local copy--I think--but one of the major, major bugs I needed fixed and was told would be is not fixed, so I'm not sure if the SP is fully installed or not.

the way I checked it was to go to the Bin directory of your WebApplication and check the version of the Telerik.Sitefinity.dll. If it shows 4.0.1210.0 then you are updated.

Obviously you have done the upgrade first. Also, would give it a rebuild as well.

cheers
Andrei

DLL looks OK. Anything in the database I can check?

not not aware of anything to be checked in the database.

andrei

you can also view the source for your public website, there should be a meta tag that says something like

<meta name="Generator" content="Sitefinity 4.0.1218.0 SE" />

depending on your version.

Previously, it was mentioned that SP1 would include support for standard ASP.NET Membership/Role providers.  I don't see that listed as one of the changes though.  Was this featured added to SP1 or not?

Thanks,
Stephen

Is there any eta on being able to actually uninstall a module? I still don't see the point in allowing for easy installation of a module if it can't be uninstall too. I have a live site still waiting for a custom module that was promised to the customer but I can't add it because the site/database has a partially uninstalled module from the development process.

Pretty pretty please? I'd look like much less of an idiot in my customer's eyes if I could finally get this resolved.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Is there any recommended upgrade path for current production sites? I know to backup the site and copy the new files on top of the current site in a test environment. But is it a straight copy of the empty project directory?

Are there anyone encounter a problem with "Products Sample Module"?
I've installed the module base on the guide which Sitefinity provided.  So module is showing under "Content" menu and able to create some sample products.  However, I got the "More than one item in the sequence." error when I drag and drop the "Products Widget" to the page.
Could you please help?

Thanks for fixing the navigation state between multiple navigation controls on the same page :)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Telerik,

Would you please be able to confirm which release the URL Rewrite will be released in. Our Sitefinity 4 project is an upgrade on a standard ASP.NET website, therefore lots of the page URL's will change and we need to add 301 handlers for these scenarios.

Thanks
higgsy

@Phil - I too am in the same boat. Telerik?

I replaced all DLLs in Bin folder with DLLs from SP1.
Now I am getting this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.1091.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Could you please tell how to update for exaple starter kit website.

Andrei

@John Tolar the recommended path for upgrade is the Project Manager regardless of the state of your live site. Take a look at this blog post: http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-03-02/upgrading_sitefinity_4_websites.aspx for more information including how to use the project manager for existing sites.

@Andrei if you are using a project with external assemblies those class libraries need to be updated to reference the new SP1 library. You can download the starter kits and update those references manually and recompile.

Updated starter kits for the SP1 will be available soon.

Hope this was helpful!

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Looks like the Membership Provider Wrappers won't be available until the release of Q1, the week of 4/4 according to this post:   www.sitefinity.com/.../membershipproviders.aspx

Hi John,

Yes the wrappers will be available for Q1 release. The SP1 includes only bug fixes. New features will be included in Q1 release.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

HiIvan,

Could you please confirm when the following two features are planned for release:

- URL Advanced Rewriter
- Module uninstall functionality

I need both for a couple of projects and I need to manage my clients expectations.

Thanks
higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi higgsy,

URL Advanced Rewriter is not in our plans for this or the next quater. I have logged it to review by our business analysts. In the meanwhile, please, use an external tool to achieve the desired rewrites. 

As to the module uninstall - we are planning a series of documentation articles on in the coming month. They will help give a better understanding of the whole  process. 

Kind regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I see that this issue was supposed to be fixed. The un-necessary message box
that asks you "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?..."

I am still getting it in IE8, see attached. And not only when editing Templates but
normal pages too. I do not get it in Firefox though.

WHY??? Is IE getting so little support. I come across issues like this on regular basis
which when I switch to Firefox or Chrome they disappear. Why is IE overlooked that much?
Are this issues not tested on all browsers to see if they are fixed?

I know that Firefox is better and all that, but I need it working properly on IE.

Thanks,
Andrei

We upgraded to SF 4.0 SP1 in order to finally fix page names. Our old 3.7SP4 site had page names with the .aspx extensions and we have hundreds and hundreds of pages indexed this way in Google.

After upgrading to SF4.0SP1 (build 1210) I am disappointed to still be receiving "The URL contains invalid symbols" error when changing the name of a page to "page.aspx".

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Hi enbrace, To the best of my knowledge, only extensionless pages are available in sitefinity 4 i.e. .aspx pages will not work. I believe this is due to be fixed soon. If you are happy to move over to extensionless urls, you can quite easily implement iis URL rewrite to respond with a 301 to any request to a URL with a. .aspx extension. This will keep the search engines happy with the proper response code, and also ensure anyone with the old URL bookmarked is redirected to the new page. Hope this helps Higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Was jQuery conflict solved?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

After upgrading and copying all of the files and restore the db on the production i am getting this error, while locally everything works fine

error: Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello George ,

If the connection string is different, make sure that in both environments the database user is db_owner or it is the same user. For example, if the user is db_owner it creates tables with dbo.tableName, if it is not - userName.tableName, which are two different tables. Maybe the data has not been published correctly. Could you please open sf_page_node table and make sure that it is not empty and the value of the app_name column for all records is '[ProjectName_From_ProjectConfig]/'.
Project name has been changed - project name is used as an identifier and it is not possible to change it on a  later stage, configuration files are not the same or there is an issue with the database.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

Has anyone sucessfully upgraded? I'm having issues after the upgrade, can't create libraries and blogs have issues.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Jean -

I was able to use the project manager to upgrade to SP1 without any issues. Does your project still build in Visual Studio properly?

: Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Greg,

It all stills compile fine in VS.NET. I followed the manual proccess to upgrade, 1. Replaced all the dll in the bin folder with the new ones 2) Recompiled the project 3)Opened up the admin section. According to the documentation the database would the be upgraded. Everything else is fine, just can't create new libraries, I get a messagebox Retun code 0.

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Jean,

Could you send us the service trace log

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms732023.aspx

I believe that it will provide some more details. Do you have similar problems with other modules?

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

Can you please tell me when the FORUMS module will be available? i just can't upgrade my 3.x deployment to 4 because of this. I have huge set of forums and threads in my current application.
I am really disappointed regarding forums...

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Muhammad Saqib,

We haven't planned to have Forums module before the Q3 release. We will provide integration scenario with another forum platform though. Hopefully we will do this shortly.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

@Telerik, as we all wait patiently for the Q1(4.1) release I think this post should either be renamed or removed. Even though I've seen it here a number of times, at a glance it's always confusing and will be even more confusing once Q1 is actually released. This SP1 was NOT a service pack for SF Q1 (aka 4.1) as this release is still not available. So once 4.1/Q1 comes out, people new to the forums will think this is SP1 for 4.1/Q1 when it's not and it's actually for 4.0.

So either remove or rename to "Sitefinity 4.0 SP1 Released".

Cheers,
Phill

Ditto to Phill. This thread has made my stomach jump in excitement 3 times today already.

3:30pm here...getting antsy...thinking bumped a day?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

hi,

in 4.1 this silly warning message has reappeared again (see attached image). I did not even open an editor.
just clicked on the 'Back to Templates' link.

Thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

That's an issue of IE, but we have logged a bug to find a workaround for it. It doesn't occur in new versions of IE.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Thanks Georgi,
When do you think the issue will be fixed by?
Thanks
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

I am not very sure. If it is critical for you, we'll rise its priority?

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Georgi,
To be honest, the amount of things that this upgrade to 4.1 went wrong,
I have other more critical issues that you could raise the priority of if you can.

1 - I am getting a grey (#F2F2F2) background on the front-end after the upgrade
which is coming from some embedded resource which has ruined my front-end.
Unsure how I can get rid of it.

2 - The news Module is not working properly now. see this: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/sdk/error-after-creating-a-news-item.aspx and this: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/links-in-news-widget.aspx

3 - see this: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/revision-history-when-page-is-locked.aspx

4 - see this: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/bug-page-ordering.aspx

5 - then Sonya has forgotten about this: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/module-permissions.aspx

6 - and there is the Media selector bug which you said was gonna be fixed by the end of the month.

there are others but i will keep posting them around the forum and hopefully the response turn-around won't be too long.

Many thanks Georgi,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

Let's work these out over the support submitted threads.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed