Page Permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:24

Page Permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

I was working with page permissions for a Page Group. I was testing out some different configurations and then changed it back to inherit from the parent. Which gives access to Everyone for the Page Group now anonymous users can no longer access any page on the site. I receive a "You are not authorized to access this page" error message. 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Same issue here after upgrading to SP1. There is one page in our site that returns "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied."

This page inherits permissions just like every other page!

Ok narrowed it down, if 'Show in navigation' is not selected, i get the '403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.' error!

I hope there is a fix for this super fast!!

Hi Josh,

Try adding "View" permissions to Annonymous role.

Stephen - how did you access the pages, since "Show in navigationis set to false? If you are logged in as an administrator do you get 403 error?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Linking to the page within the copy of other pages.

It is only unauthenticated users who get the 403 error.

Hello Stephen,

Have you added View" permissions to Anonymous role? Since authenticated users can see the page the problem is related to the permissions set over the page.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

The page inherits permissions. permission are set from "Permissions for all pages".

"Everyone" is selected under view permissions.

It's only pages that do not have "Show in navigation" selected in their properties that return a 403 error. As soon as i select show in navigation, unauthenticated users can view the page.

Prior to SP1, anonymous users could navigate to these pages fine. 

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

I've set ALL permissions, global, content type level, widget level, even went to the Anonymous Role and changed EVERY permission for View to "Allow".  Still get the 403 Forbidden error. The page property is set to "Don't Show in Navigation" but conceptually that should not preclude any user from viewing the page.

I noticed, even after setting the global page permissions, that the "inherited/parent" permissions do not change.  I believe this is the source of the error.  I would prefer not to have to break inheritance for every page not in navigation in order to get this site to work.

We have a production launch scheduled in approx a month using this product and need a resolution asap.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

*** update ***

Just broke inheritance for this page to test that solution - the page STILL throws a 403 error!  Attached screenshot. Permissions show "view" rights allowed for anonymous users.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

I have put in a support ticket but the activity seems to be happening in this post. My sites are being adversely affected and we are due to launch soon also. Prior to SP1 my use of the "Do not show in navigation" was for pages I still wanted users to access just not via auto-generated navigation controls. Say a search results page or I wanted a custom navigation. The logic of making pages completely inaccessible by choosing not to show in navigation is excessive in my opinion, If I wanted that I would modify individual page permissions. Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

I am also encountering this error. I added a new page, left all the default options. I click View from the pages menu and the page opens fine.

I go into the title & properties menu and change uncheck the "Show in Navigation" option. I save the page. I click View from the pages menu and the page returns a 403 error.

I am logged in as an administrator. All the permissions are set at default. The only change I make is whether or not the "Show in Navigation" is checked.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

We're having this problem as well and could really use a fix.

Our workaround is we have "Show in navigation" unchecked for the home page Then on any pages we need accessible but not linked through navigation we:
1. check "Show in navigation" for that page (to make it accessible)
2. move as a child page under the home page (to effectively take out of navigation)

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

This issue has been fixed for Sitefinity 4.1 ( Q1 release)

www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed