Failed First Attempt at SP1 - No Multiple URLs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:28

Failed First Attempt at SP1 - No Multiple URLs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

I got an access denied error the first time I tried to upgrade to SP1. It wasn't able to overwrite one of the Telerik DLLs for whatever reason. It got about 25% done -- I don't know the exact number. It then said corrupt.

I went to my website's root folder, unchecked the partially checked "read-only" property. I reran Sitefinity.exe and clicked upgrade and it progressed all the way. The project reads 4.0.1210.0 (I don't know what it was before I ran upgrade the second time -- probably less, otherwise I couldn't have upgraded again).

But I don't have the multiple URLs option on pages. I looked at all the files (DLLs, SVC, etc), and they were updated today. The upgrade process didn't backup and update my web.config, it remained unchanged. Did something get screwed up and it's not fully upgraded? If it is partially upgraded, how can I upgrade it fully?

Thanks,
Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

I have a fresh install of SP1 and I'm also not seeing multiple URL support.  I see it mentioned in the SP1 Release Notes, but also see it planned for Q1 on the roadmap.

I'll get more details...  

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Gabe and Eric,

This feature is not available in the SP. There has been a small hiccup in the release notes, I have updated them now. The feature is complete, however we are still doing final testing to verify that there are no problems with it. The additional urls for pages and content items will be available with the 2011 Q1 release as committed in the road map.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Dear Radoslav

Am I still seeing it here :www.sitefinity.com/versionnotes.aspx

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Gabe,

What happenned to Sitefinity Team? Telerik normally has such high standards but with Sitefinity 4.0 it has been an absolute disaster... I have been patiently looking over the problems but it has come to a point where we can't develop applications like this.

I know that eventually Sitefinity is going to be a great CMS but at what cost?

For ex :

1) Sitefinity 4.0 SDK docs say SP1
2) The Sitefinity Dashboard says 4.0 (there is no SP1)
3) If you click on Developers Guide in the dashboard it takes you to 3.0 documentation.
4) If you manually go to the folder where Sitefinity Docs are installed and open them, it has several references to Sitefiinity 4.0 RC.. not to forget the typos, incorrect grammer.

Did anybody proof read the documentation. It has so many typos and incorrect grammer and it's hard to believe that Sitefinity is a Telerik product... Sometimes, it makes me wonder if Sitefinity is an Open Source product.

I am trying my best to support Sitefinity but it's getting on to my nerves..

If it is an Open Source project, I can understand. But this is a major product from a big company. How can we use the product if basic things such as Documentation and consistancy across all the installed files is not maintained?

I am writing it here with the hope that these inconsistancies will be fixed in the Q1 release...

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Larry,

I want to thank you for the candid response, we do appreciate every feedback from our clients, and we look forward to improving all issues and concerns you have. We understand that the experience for our clients depend on the quality of all materials both in the actual product and its supporting documents, and we have dedicated the necessary resources to improve those in our upcoming releases.

I can ensure you that all the documentation is relevant to the release you have installed, no matter if the labeling is correct or not. We have already taken the necessary measurements to ensure that this is not going to be an issue anymore. The Sitefinity Team is going to adopt the Telerik release cycle on Qs which will set us in a much more stable set in which we can deliver what you expect.

Until then please rely on the support system and submit tickets for anything bothering, or not clear from the documentation so that we can focus our resources to the issues customer face the most.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed