Make SF not use Masterpage ContentPlaceHolder

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:43

Make SF not use Masterpage ContentPlaceHolder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

When using a master page as a template, sitefinity shows all ContentPlaceHolders on the master page as areas where users can drop widgets.  Is there any way to prevent this for certain ContentPlaceHolders?

We have nested master pages.  When using the inner master page as a template, we see content placeholders from the outer master pages as widget drop areas.  This is not desired.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Damian,

You can use layout elements. On each layout element you can set permissions, so you can allow whether a group of users will be able to use this holder to drop control or not.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

That sounds like what I need.  Could you give me a hint on how to set the layout permissions?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Damian,

I attached a short video.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

It seems like you can control a users ability to add items to the layout but if that layout is inside of a ContentPlaceHolder they are still able to drop widgets in the ContentPlaceHolder.

Is there any way to block users from dropping widgets on pages into a ContentPlaceHolder?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2011 00:00

I would very much like to know how to do this as well. It'd be good if you could have a template only content placeholder type control so widgets can only be dragged into it when editing the template.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

Currently this is not supported scenario and it would be hard to make it working because all data is set by ZoneEditor script. One possible option wold be returning null inside its _getPlaceholderPermissions

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed