Continuing Problems post-SP1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:47

Continuing Problems post-SP1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Sitefiniters,

I just wanted to poll some of the users of this forum. I've installed SP1 and am still experiencing most of the issues I filed and was told by Telerik would be fixed in SP1. I thought maybe I got the install wrong, but I tried a clean install of Sitefinity and saw them there too. One of the most glaring is that dates on the front end don't account for the fact that the dates are stored in GMT, so events show up as starting 5 hours later here on east coast, USA.

We're currently thinking about dumping Sitefinity. I wanted to see some other impressions of SP1.

Thanks!

I haven't used the events functionality but have you set your time zone in the admin area?

Administration > Settings

It seems that some of the functionality that was in the queue made it in.  Such as the ability to replace an image or document.  So, in regards to that specific case, I noticed an improvement.

I have, both before and after SP1.

I've been installing the weeklys so there isn't a lot of (noticeable) new stuff that I can see...but I did get a huge bug fixed so I'm happy...but to be honest I was expecting a surprise feature or two.  There's probably been a ton of bug fixes in the background I just never encountered.

Although I have already gotten an Object reference error on publish which I haven't gotten before.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

@Zak, I agree with you. Many many bugs still haven't been addressed, and yet they somehow have enough free resources that they can update the design of this site which was perfectly fine before IMO. If it wasn't for the fact that I launched a SF 4 site already I think I'd be throwing in the towel completely on SF 4 and maybe looking them up again in a year. Unfortunately I'm locked in to them with a mostly completed site (can't finish it because I can't uninstall a broken module on the live site). You are definitely not the only frustrated user that's for sure.

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Seriously, the date issue still isn't fixed?  Not cool.  That is the main bug that I was hoping was going to be fixed.  Of course, I can't even save or edit events after upgrading so that the least of my problems at the moment.

Jason

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

Phil,
The design of this web site is done by another team, which is not working on the product. As for the module, 
you may just try to to remove it from the modules collection in ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/SystemConfig.config.

Jason,
I saw your support ticket, and I am going to answer it today.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Georgi,

If you've actually tried this you'd know that it's not as simple as removing the entry from SystemConfig.config. I've done a number of other steps, including manual removal of the data tables that are created and still I can't re-install a module with the same name. Granted I could install the module as "Gidgets" instead "Gadgets" but since the clients products are actually called "Gadgets" this is what they prefer to have the menu item as. I'm also just nervous about adding yet another module if it can't be removed or upgraded at a later date, this would just make the system even more corrupted.

I do realize that web team isn't same team as Sitefinity, but a couple extra hires/bodies working on Sitefinity instead of site updates would go a long way to making a lot of the frustrated SF 4 users happy.

Cheers,
Phill

This thread is closed