Chainer problem during SF installation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:38

Chainer problem during SF installation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

I tried to install Sitefinity 4.0 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 SP2. In the middle of installation I got error message saying "Chainer has encountered the problem and needs to close". I attached the screenshot to this post.

So, the installation was completely interrupted. I tried 3 times and got the same error.

Could anybody help with this error?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Developer,

Please try using custom installation type and exclude the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and RadControls for Silverlight from the installation.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for quick response. This helped and I was able to install Sitefinity on the server.

Just want to ask you another question. What do I lose with this Sitefinity configuration?

Do I lose only demos, documentation, examples OR support of RadControls/Silverlight will be limited within the projects created with this installation?

Thanks.

Hi ,

This excluded the installation of the RadControls for AJAX and Silverlight, demos and documentation, but they can be downloaded from your account and installed manually, so you will get all resources back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik folder.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan.

Can you please help me with the links where I can download the RadControls for AJAX and Silverlight to install it manually.

Thanks.

César A.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello César,

You can download a free trial from here.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

I had the chainer error during SDK installation also.  I remote into my server where I do development.  The solution is to remote in on the console session to do the installation.  In my case (XP client) I remoted in with this command:

mstsc /admin

You can also try:

mstsc /console for other platforms.

This thread is closed