Telerik components do not work within Sitefinity 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:20

Telerik components do not work within Sitefinity 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Telerik,

do you know what "upset" really means ????

It means that Sitefinity is presented as part of Telerik but these really excellent Telerik components do not work within Sitefinity. Can you Sitefinity definitely tell us, if and when you will correct this strong issue?

RAD ASP.NET AJAX tools worked very well until Sitefinity 3.7 and do not longer since Sitefinity 4.0 rollout !!!!

Developers be careful and do not try to embed Teleriks grids, navigation, scheduler and so on into your projects. You only will get a lot of error messages.

I tried to get a positive answer from Sitefinity since rollout on January 2011 but I did not get an answer that would be positive. - Then I was in hope that it would be solved with SP1. - Did not!!!! Sitefinity's messages: "We are working an this issue" is too less ..... 

Robert

Hi Robert,

We apologize that we were not able to fix the controls issues with the SP1 release. As we stated a coupe of weeks ago, the problem is in the lifecycle that the cms pages have. Good news is that we found a way to solve the issue - our cms pages will completely rely on the Asp.Net lifecycle, and practically - there will be no difference at all, between aspx page and cms page. We are going to introduce this change with the Q1 release for sure. Among the things you mentioned, this will bring performance optimizations, since the compilation and rendering of such pages will be dramatically improved. 

We hope that with Q1 will put the end of the problem with the ajax controls. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Hi Georgi.

This is unfortunate to say the least. Is there any point developing controls/modules for Sitefinity4 that use Telerik controls yet then? Is this the same with all standard ASP.net controls too?

Thanks

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Mattc,

Unfortunately yes, for all controls that using the ViewState. Note that the session state still can be used. 
We are going to provide the fix for this in 2-3 weeks, or with the Q1 at latest.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Georgi

Is this now fixed in 4.1?

Many thanks

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi mattc,

There should not be an issue with the ViewState in Sitefinity 4.1 (Q1) release.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Thanks Ivan

Will upgrade and test my code.

Matt

This thread is closed