Layouts not Floating

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:05

Layouts not Floating

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi All,
Im having strange issue with creating a templates.
When I drag a layout item such as a 25%-50%-25% or any other layout item that has floats it just does not work.
from what I understand I dont need to provide a CSS style to float the elements as they should be doing this on their own.

So If I have a 100% Layout Item and I drag a 50%-50% layout into it to split it, it looks fine in the editor but as soon as I preview the template it does not float the right 50% div next to the left div 50%, it just runs under it.

EXAMPLE: 50%-50%
I want to acheive: (works in layout editor)
Left 50% COL ---->[--] / [--]<----Right 50% COL

When I preview it I get:

Left 50% COL ---->
[--]
[--]
<----Right 50% COL

What am I missing here? why is it not floating them correctly?

Thanks in advance

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Was going to write a bug report of about the same (although for me it also happens for normal pages - might have to do with using my own theme, which has the basic theme's normal stuff copied over). This seems to be a new bug introduced in SP1 - from what I gathered it doesn't load up some resource file anymore on the preview (seemed to be only difference for a normal page between it's preview and normal view). As a workaround I just publish the pages to see how it looks.. but this of course couldn't be used within production environment :(

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2011 00:00

Got this too. Plus the whole layout in the edit-page mode is broken. Downgraded back to the version without service pack.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2011 00:00

Got it here two on a site upgrade...the site was from an RC release updated to release, then SP1

What I also seem to notice is that it also removes all my projects "Included files" and I have to go back and re-add them all

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

I just tried again with the backup copy...same thing

I'm submitting the pre-upgraded DB and site as a ticket

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback.

This is indeed an issue introduced with the SP1 - when you preview a page, the positioning of the layouts is not applied, while in the live page everything is OK. This is already fixed and will be available in the internal release today. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Lyubomir Dokov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed