Corporate Starter Kit

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:43

Corporate Starter Kit

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Looking at the photos for the corporate starter kit and also the landing page for the kit itself, it shows and talks about properties for a real estate site. But the properties module is no where to be found. Instead there is an agents module. Is this just the first release and the properties are to come or was there a mis-communication somewhere. I was under the impression the Corporate Starter kit was to display real estate properties.

EDIT :: It helps to read all of the content on the landing page. It states that the properties section is still to come.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

A couple of questions

1) Is there any timeframe on when we can expect the kits function to represent the images.
2) I tried to figure out how to get images to the agents. No luck yet. Can anyone point me in the right directions
3) I looked at the Language selector Template. Where in the documentation could I ever have found out how to do that. Found nothing about the language selector widget

I know that its a lot of work to provide such a starter Kit, and its a no pay get some other reward thing however I would like to see the rest of the stuff as well :-)

Thanks for all the work - working examples are always a great help.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Markus and Richard,

Excuse us for the delayed reply. The corporate starter kit is still in development so we expect to have a bit more complete functionality in the upcoming months, we are developing a real estate module that will be featuring the properties. However I cannot bind to any specific timeframe for its delivery.

The images for the agents are retrieved from "Agents" album part of our Images library. The agent module matches the images by name.

In the documentation we have covered a quick configuration article for configuring the language selector widget. Extending its templates and default views should be part of our HowTos sections in the developers guide, something that we look into extending.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Hristo -

I've got a few questions for you:

1) Do you think it is safe to begin developing with the current Corporate starter kit?
2) Is this something that we can upgrade as newer releases become available? I'm trying to avoid getting stuck in a corner when newer releases come out if we can't upgrade easily.
3) What is the proper way to begin a project with the starter kit? Should we use the Project Manager to create a new project and then overwrite the files?

Thanks!

Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Greg,

There will be some changes in the API related to mappings that we will introduce with an article in a few days. You can start extending the starter kit, but if you really want to be on the safe side you can focus on widgets and templates that don't persist data in the database until we release our Q1 version next month. Of course there will be an upgrade path in terms of the API but you will need to dedicate some time for that since this is not going to be automatic.

The best way is to extend the starter kit is to open it in visual studio and start building on top of it. You can always bind your project to the project manager by modifying the Projects.xml file that is available in the directory of the project manager, once you create at least one project. We plan to include functionality for open an existing project with some of our next releases, so that you don't have to use the xml file.

Excuse us for the inconvenience and the late response. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

All the best,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Thanks, Hristo!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

Is Q1 still be going to be on April 4th? I know SP1 was delayed by a week...

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Preetham,

Please take a look at this post

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-q1-2011.aspx

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

I got question, when i'm accessing the agent backend (sitefinity/Content/Agents) i got javascript popup saying "~/Workflows/AnyContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx" with one OK button. after i click OK, it keep coming again again, make me need to kill the browser process (IE 8). is there something i'm missing?

Thank you.

Hello ,

Do you use a custom module - Agents? Can you check the service trace for more helpful information

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms732023.aspx

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi Ivan, yes i'm using the custom module Agents. all right i'll try it. thanks for the enlightenment.

--Edit--

i found the problem, now my visual studio thrown an exception file not found. i have search entire zip file and i can't find AnyContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx file. can you help me with this?

thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2011 00:00

umm anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

We add reference to the embedded resource inside InstallCustomWorkflow of the AgentsModule class. Can you set  ServiceUrl = WorkflowRelativeUrl

inside InstallCustomWorkflow

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed