403 - Forbidden: No Permission to view directory or page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:05

403 - Forbidden: No Permission to view directory or page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

I created a page back on January 24th. Suddenly this week I'm getting an HTTP error 403 (forbidden) on it, last week it worked fine. The page inherits permissions from its parent and I can access other pages in the same folder (who also inherit permissions).

I created a new page and I can access it. I deleted the old page and renamed the new page and I can get to the page again.

Anybody seen this? Is there a reason for this? I'd hate to have this site in production and pages start returning 403s.

Thanks,
Eric

IIS 7.0 Detailed Error Information
Module: ManagedPipelineHandler
Notification: ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler: ASP.sfres_telerik_sitefinity_resources_sitefinitydefault_aspx
Error code: 0x00000000
Requested: http://mysite:80/policy/quote-results?depart=3%2f30%2f2011&return=3%2f31%2f2011&state=521&cost1=2000&age1=33&cost2=2000&age2=38&n=2
Physical Path: c:\Sitefinity\policy\quote-results
Logon method: Sitefinity
Logon user: Anonymous

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

Have you upgraded to SP1?

SP1 introduced a bug where a page not marked as "Show in navigation" will return a 403 error to anonymous users.

We've had to mark all pages as "Show in navigation" and then within the navigation controls, manually select the pages that will be shown on site.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

I have upgraded to SP1. The page I created had "Show in Navigation" but it's possible the previous page did not. I'll take another look at this (there were other affected pages).

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2011 00:00

Yea I ran into this problem to with SP1

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Kristian,

We have just fixed this error with this week's internal release. Please check the full release notes here - http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/sitefinity-4-0-internal-releases-for-developers-only.aspx#1563234

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Georgi,
Nice to know there's a fix in the internal build. For those of us who are about to put a SP 1 site into production for a client, is there a workaround? Also, when will the next SP be released?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Sean,

We are going to release the Q1 next week, so I suggest that you should upgrade your project to it instead of applying SP1. This fix and many other will be included in Q1. There will be a new features as well.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed