Where is Telerik.Utilities.Log.Exception

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:51

Where is Telerik.Utilities.Log.Exception

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

I was using Telerik.Utilities.Log.Exception in 3.7.  I can't find it in the new 4.0 version.  Could you help me find the equivalent method?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Abraham,

You can use Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging;

Logger.Writer.Write("test");

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Is that the recommended method for logging unexpected solutions?  Is that the same way that you are loggin exceptions?  I cannot see that namespace in your API Reference (http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/r_project.html).  Where can I find the DLL that I need to reference from my project.

Hello Abraham,

You can also use Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Log class. The previous code is using Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging; You can gather more information at MSDN

msdn.microsoft.com/.../microsoft.practices.enterpriselibrary.logging.tracelisteners(v=pandp.50).aspx

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Log.Write(ex.Message) works great in C#.  Thank you.

When I try to use Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Log.Write(ex.Message) in VB, I get the following error:

Error 2 'Write' is ambiguous because multiple kinds of members with this name exist in class 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Log'. 

Can I use this method in VB?

Abraham

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Abraham,

This is a general issue in VB.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

This doesn't have to be the case.  If you made sure that members differ in more than just case sensitivity, it would work from VB.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

I'm trying to make it so that my errors will end up in the error log.  Will Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Log.Write write to the log files?  How can I get all the details of my exceptions there?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Abraham,

Here is a reference to our dev manual that shows all methods of the Log class that you can use

www.sitefinity.com/.../overload_telerik_sitefinity_abstractions_log_write.html

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Ivan,

From our main SF 4.1 SP1 application, we are trying to write entries to the /App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs/Error.log file using the following statement:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Log.Write(exception, System.Diagnostics.TraceEventType.Error);

But they are ending up in /App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs/UpgradeTrace.log.

Should we be using one of the other Log.Write methods? Which one, and which settings would send our log message to the Error.log file?

Thank you for any insight!

Regards,
John

Hi,

Have you tried the code from the initial post

Logger.Writer.Write("test");

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan,

Sorry, no, we did not try that. It was not clear where those messages were written to, and the accepted answer in this thread seemed to indicate to use the Abstractions.Log.Write method. Sorry if we misunderstood that - you suggested the Abstractions.Log.Write method in a later post than the Logger.Writer.Write method.

We'll give the Logger.Writer.Write method a try.

Regards,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello,
Which specific dll do I need to add to my bin folder to have the reference work? I am building a project outside of the main Sitefinity project so I only want to add the dll that will help resolve this. There are no dll's that have a name like the following. But the following are errors being thrown.

Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Log
Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.LogEntry

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2014 00:00

hii

i got the exception(System.ArgumentException: To delete this page you should move or delete its child pages first. at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.Delete(PageNode item)) when i uninstall the modules  

How  i resolve it plzzz reply

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2014 00:00

Hello,

This error is fairly self explanatory. You cannot delete a page before either deleting or moving its child pages.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2016 00:00

Is there  documentation for version 9? What nuget package one should be looking for Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging ?

Thanks. 

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2016 00:00

Hi Shiriyal.

This namespace Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging is incide Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.dll

And this dll is available with this nuget: Telerik.Sitefinity.Core

If you want to install this nuget package, you need to execute this command:

Install-Package Telerik.Sitefinity.Core

This thread is closed