Error when logged in after SP1 upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:22

Error when logged in after SP1 upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

I just upgraded my 4.0 site to 4.0SP1, and while the management interface and the site itself works fine, I'm getting the error "An item with the same key has already been added" when I try to browse the site while logged in. It appears that there's something wrong with the building of the browse/edit tools.  Here's the stack trace:

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
   System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) +52
   System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +9382923
   System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.System.Collections.Generic.ICollection<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<TKey,TValue>>.Add(KeyValuePair`2 keyValuePair) +39
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit.ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar.ManageMode(BrowseAndEditToolbarMode mode, String controlID, String commandName, SecurityActionTypes securityType) +821
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit.ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar.InitializeCommands() +82
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit.ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar.Configure(ContentView host, Content contentItem, Content parentItem) +699
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit.BrowseAndEditManagerExtensions.AddConfiguredContentBrowseAndEditToolBar(BrowseAndEditManager manager, Content contentItem, ContentView host, ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar toolbar, Content parentItem) +38
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.Web.UI.MasterListView.NewsList_DataBound(Object sender, EventArgs e) +112
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.OnDataBound(EventArgs e) +105
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +154
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +33
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +143
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.PerformSelect() +24
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +74
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.DataBind() +17
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.AutoDataBind(RadListViewRebindReason rebindReason) +147
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +223
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

This isn't a huge problem as we don't use the in-place editing features, but in case this could cause other issues I wanted to address it.

UPDATE:
This appears only to happen on my home page, not any of the sub-pages.

Josh

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Josh ,

Can you edit the home page and add the controls on it again? Also make sure that you do not have duplicate entries inside ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/ToolboxesConfig.config

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Is there no other way to troubleshoot this than rebuilding the home page? As this is a production site, I can't really go messing with the content and layout at this point.

I confirmed there are no duplicate entries int he ToolboxesConfig.config file.

Josh

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Josh,

The error says that there is some issue with BrowseAndEdit for NewsView widgnet which you have on a page. Please try to edit the page and add the widget again on the home page. If the problem persists can you tell me whether you set some properties over the NewsView, can you replicate the issue on another page which also uses NewsView, do you have custom controls on the problematic page

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

No custom controls on that page. The news list is using a custom template, but it only has minor changes to the existing template. If I use the default template, I still get the error. Here is my custom template:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<telerik:RadListView ID="NewsList" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="MainBrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Add"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        <ul class="sfnewsList sfnewsListTitleDateSummary">
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
        </ul>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <li class="sfnewsListItem">
                <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="DetailsViewHyperLink1" TextDataField="Title" ToolTipDataField="Description" runat="server" />
            <span>
                <sf:FieldListView ID="PublicationDate" runat="server" Format="PublicationDate.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy" />
            </span>

<sf:FieldListView ID="summary" runat="server" Text="0" Properties="Summary" WrapperTagName="p"  />

<sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        </li>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:Pager>

I removed the news widget and re-added it, but I'm still getting the same error.

Hi Josh ,

Ok, please open a support ticket and send the project to us - database and project files (you can provide external link or FTP). I am not able to replicate the issue and it looks like that something went wrong during the upgrade.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed