Auto-generated Page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:31

Auto-generated Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

When you edit a news-widget in sitefinity, There is an option for 'Single Item Settings'.
Here it's possible to open a single item as an 'auto-generated page' (with the same layout as the listpage).
A dynamic url is then created and coupled to that news-item.
Can we recreate this behavior for other list-widgets that contain items?

Thanks in advance,

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Bart Nijssen,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Can you please specify where you want to duplicate this behavior - do you want it implemented to already existing Sitefinity widgets (we already have this in widgets that have a list-mode widgets like Events, Blog Posts, News etc.)
 If you want to duplicate such functionality in a custom widget, please take a look at the Products module sample and browse the Products Module Documentation.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request. Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Boyan Barnev,

Thanks for the reply.
We are building a widget that contains a list of names. If one of the names is clicked, the widget should open a detailpage. The url should be like: .../NamesList/Bart

The news-widget has this functionality, and we haven't been able to recreate this functionality, even with the Products Module Documentation.

Hopefully this information helps. I have an image attached of the News widget edit screen where the detailpage can be selected.

Thanks in Advance,
Bart Nijssen, Infodatek

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Bart Nijssen,

Thank you for getting back to me.

You can recreate this functionality with the already existing News module - why not reuse it just by adding a new Provider for News, and then maybe add some custom fields/hide some of the existing ones and thus create your names as news for the new provider, and specify a News widget to show only "news' form your Provider. If you need some additional information on how to achieve this, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed