News and Blog Publish dates and names

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:12

News and Blog Publish dates and names

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi

I notice that when updating a news or blog post, the date and publisher is changed to that day and user. How would one be able to leave the date and publisher as the original. I only want to amend some exiting text and want to leave the item as per the date it was first published...

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support. When you get an item that has already been published for editing the state of the item changes, since you're creating a newer version of that item. However this is not a problem, since it is used only to notify when was the last version published and who was its author, when comparing revision versions of the same item. These changes are not reflected in the frontend, where the original publication date and author are preserved.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan

It does change the 'published date' on the list of news items... presumably it is picking up the 'publication date', rather than the 'created date' then?

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

Can you please tell me which version you're using, because I've tested this issue again, and the date does not change when editing content (please see the attached video) and the news item remains sorted according to its creation date.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed