news links

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:08

news links

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

I created a custom user control that is using the Fluent API to get the news items, it's pulling out the correct URL for each news item, however, when I click on the link, I get page not found.

When I drag and drop the news module to my page, I get the same URLS that my control does, however, when I click the link I go to the news "page", what would be preventing my usercontrol from taken me to the news page?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello NuToSitefinity,

The news item url does not include the host url. Please make sure that you concatenate it when you build the single item url. You should also have a NewsView widget on the requested page, because there is no a control that will display the news data.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

The URL that is showing in my widget matches the URL that the 'out of the box' news widget is showing, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Also, I have to put the news widget on my news page so it'll show the news item that I clicked on?

Hi NuToSitefinity,

If you do not have a control to show the news item it is normal to see 404. Also the news item url is not a page, this is  a dynamic url which does not exist in the SiteMap and it is processed by ContentView based control.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

then how can I get my news items listed on my home page go to my news page and show the news item in full detail? I created a news page within the SF admin tool, I dragged and dropped the news widget to it, however I still get a 404 when I click on my news item from my home page

Hi NuToSitefinity,

Generally you need only to drop the control on a page. Each ContentView control has two modes - Master and Detail, so you can configure the on which page to show the post.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed