error: Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:47

error: Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

This time i feel i'm inclined to create a duplicate thread because noone from the team has responded for 2 days and tomorrow i have to take the website online.

The original forum post is here

I have tried everything, i compared the databases, checked the connection string, the project name, reuploaded all the files, the site works properly on my local machine but not on the production server after upgrading to Service Pack 1

You can view the site here

Also, I am still experiencing problems with rebuilding the static html pages index ... It is simply not working for even one page and one master page with nothing on it but content block items. thread here 

Thanks,

George

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Ok now this is insane,

I have deleted all the files on the production server. I restored the database then copied the new files ... still getting the same stupid error. Team can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help !

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi George ,

There are no other reasons than what we suggest in the original forum thread.

www.sitefinity.com/.../error-invalid-root-node-configured-for-pages-no-root-node-with-the-name-of-quot-frontendsitemap-quot.aspx

If you want  you can open a support request and set the project to use( this one that is on the staging server) and we will try to restore it locally.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your response. I tried upgrading the copy of the production database again locally with the same username that's being used on the production server and i noticed that the same database tables have been created under a different schema which is special for the user and the weird thing, the tables in that special schema were empty. So what i did is, i removed all of the tables in that schema and kept only the dbo's. and it worked.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

I have the exact same issue.  There are duplicate tables under a different schema.  I also use seekdotnet for hosting.  Could this be something seekdotnet is doing??  It wouldn't suprise me but you get what you pay for...$5/month is cheap.

In my case it happened by itself.  I haven't touched the code in over a month and all of a sudden this error happened last night at 2:50am. 

Hello Shawn,

There are several reasons for this error and all of them are explained in this post ( which is referred by George in his replies above)

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

None of the issues described apply to my project.  I didn't change the project name or connection string.  The new tables mysteriously appeared on their own.  I literally hadn't changed code or configuration in over a month and the client hadn't logged in for over 2 days.  It's likely that Sitefinity lost DB connectivity for a bit....would that cause the duplicate tables?

You didn't describe the reasons duplicate tables would be created.  It's a HUGE issue.  I haven't upgraded to the latest sp.  Was this bug fixed?

Hi Shawn,

If you can upload just the database somewhere, we might be able to help you fix it

Cheers

I've already fixed it.  I just had to delete the duplicate tables.  I more curious as to the cause.  I don't want it to happen again.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Shawn,

We have not reproduced issue with duplicated tables and we are restoring customer's  projects on a daily basis on our tests servers if there is an issues. If you want you can open a support request and send the project and its database. We will restore it locally and see if the problem will appear.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

My 2 cents;

When I deployed my database to the production server I too received the error message "Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".

While trying to resolve, I deleted all of the config files out of App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration and in doing so brought up the Admin pages which asks you to set up  the database. I went through the process of selecting the LIVE database to connect to etc and then Sitefinity created all the database tables under the SQL Login account so the new schema became: mysqlloginaccount.sf_ab_campaign.
This is more of an SQL Server issue than sitefinity I believe as I have seen this happen before when an SQL Login is used without admin priveledges - once they add new tables or stored procs to the database under this account, it will append the username to the schema instead of dbo.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

I ran into the exact same problem.

I renamed my App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ProjectConfig.config

to ProjectConfig_old.config

Downloaded my App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ProjectConfig.config from the server and compared it. And yes the Project name was GONE. Simply empty.

I put my project name back in and uploaded the file, restarted the server and the site was back on!

So this fixed it!

BUT - I tell you it was no move to production, no changes - unbelivable as it might sound - this just happened.

So Telerik - do me and others a favoir and think about what, when, were the ProjectConfig.config File could have been changed online in a production envirement!!

Markus

This thread is closed