HTML5

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:52

HTML5

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

I'm working on a couple of Sitefinity 4 projects that need HTML5 support, and have two questions:

1. Is it possible to change the DOCTYPE of pages delivered through Sitefinity without creating my own masterpage?
2. Are there any good reasons why I should NOT do this? Will all menues and other controls work fine in HTML 5?

Thanks,
OC

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Mutantmannen,

At the moment you can change the DOCTYPE of your pages only if you use a master page. We have logged a task to fix this issue and provide an option to change the DOCTYPE in Sitefinity administration directly (№ 110894).
We have not tested public widgets in HTML5 thoroughly but I don't expect that there will be any issues. There are no reasons why you should not use HTML5.

Let us know if you need further help.

Greetings,
Katia
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2012 00:00

Katia,
Is the changeable DOCTYPE implemented now? And where is the setting to be found?
OC

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2012 00:00

Hey,

According to think PITS link it's not... According to the language resource file, there's a RadEditor.Modules class with a key called 'Doctype'  and a value of "Select a Doctype" so apparantly there is. But haven't been able to spot it in the backend either...

Rumor mill has it that with the introduction of 'Responsive design' (hinted in the Module builder webinar) it will be introduced.... so that would mean v5.0 / v5.1

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Ole,

Unfortunately, a DOCTYPE option has not been implemented yet. One of main reasons is that the PITS issue logged for that task has 0 votes so it was considered not so important to our clients and partners. 

We have discussed that task internally and we will try to schedule it for 5.0 or 5.1. One thing that will raise its priority for sure is more votes in our issue tracking system.

Regards,
Katia
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

@Katia,

Well you've got your first vote!
Although I was under the impression that this was already logged internally in the system (ticket #415932)

J.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Jochem,

It has been logged in our internal system. Actually, all bugs and feature requests are logged there as well as in PITS. However, it has not been scheduled for implementation yet because even though its priority is high it has not been high enough to be included in any of the releases till now. As I've said, one of the main factors for a request to be implemented is the number of votes it has in PITS and until last week there were no votes. This is a way to measure how much our clients need a particular feature.

In my opinion this is an important feature and I have discussed it with the decision makers again. It is included in the plan for this year.

Kind regards,
Katia
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hey Katia,

It's ok - a lot of people are still targeting websites at IE8 so its understandable that the progressive minority is a bit left. Besides with a custom masterpage we can create HTML5 doctype pages so it's not that huge priority...

Thanks for responding though! I'll go back to my trusted horse and carriage - at least they aren't affected by the cold winter as car batteries are ;)

J.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2013 00:00

Maybe if PITS wasn't so clunky, slow loading, etc people would vote more.

Should we make a PITS entry for that?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2013 00:00

Does HMTL5 canvas auto wrap not yet available?
It get's me trouble on calculating on when to move the characters into the new line.

And by the way, I'm getting error in submitting my reply in this forum.

This thread is closed