Search Function only indexing page names

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:42

Search Function only indexing page names

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

I have three different Search Indexes set up on my site.  However, they are only indexing the page names, not the content on the page. 

I am working in 3.7 and used this feature w/o flaw on many sites.  I am at a loss as to why this is not fully indexing each page.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Stephanie
Solar Velocity, LLC
(404) 978-2245

Hello Stephanie,

There could be some control or logic in your template ( master page) or on a page level that causes this issue. Can you create a new template ( from scratch through VS ) and then a new cms page that uses this template.After that, drop GenericContent control on the page and type something simple in its HTML are ( say "Telerik"). Then go to Administration area and create a new index which is set to index only this page. Check the results using another page with SearchResults and SearchBox control.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks for the quick response.  Is there anything in particular in the HTML or CSS that I should look for specifically?

Stephanie

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Stephanie,

You can inspect the html and the css with FireBug which will give you more details.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Yes, I've done that.

I've uploaded a template that I know works on another Sitefinity site and made sure it worked in this one.  Then I cross referenced that HTML with the ones that aren't working and made sure they paralleled.  They are still not working.

Is there anything specific within the code that could mess it up, have you dealt with this before?  Also, could there be anything else as the current template matches the one that works, but it's still not working.

Thanks.

Stephanie

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Stephanie,

You can check the log file - App_Data/sitefinity.log and see if there is some related information. The content is not indexed in case you have some control or logic on your pages/templates that breaks the crawler request.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

We have created two search indexes and neither one are generating ANY results. At first it would find HTML pages (even though we have it set to search news/blogs/content/events) but now it doesn't find anything.  We have also reindexed and still get zero results.  Is this happening for anyone else?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Ray,

I am not able to replicate issues with the index. Do you get errors when you reindex ? Can you clear the logs under App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs, then run the index again and see if  a new log file with an error is generated.

Can you replicate this issue on a new installation of Sitefinity?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed