WordPress as Sub Folder

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:33

WordPress as Sub Folder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

How can we install a sub application in a subfolder of Sitefinity?
In order to maintain our seo optimization on our website we are require to install wordpress on our server as a subfolder of the sitefinity installation. The blog engine on sitefinity is far too limited to justify a migration. When attempting to create an application in a subdirectory of Sitefinity there are missing dll errors that prevent the php application from running at all among other problems.

While sitefinity blows other content management systems out of the water... 
Your blog, ecommerce, newsletter, forum, or project management software shouldn't have to suffer. How can we seemlessly add applications as sub-directories side-by-side with Sitefinity?

NOTE: Sub Domains are not an option.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

What exactly are the errors you are getting? did you configure this subfolder as an application? I dont think it needs to be if it is running PHP, although I haven't done this in years so I could be wrong...

if it is, the problem is likely due to the subfolder application inheriting from the root site web.config, which is an issue with asp.net itself.

I dealt with this in the past, and this article might be helpful to you: http://www.aspdotnetfaq.com/Faq/how-to-disable-web-config-inheritance-for-child-applications-in-subfolders-in-asp-net.aspx

basically you need to remove all references from the root site in the subfolder applications web.config file.

hope this was helpful!

This thread is closed