Profile information recorded in form

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:02

Profile information recorded in form

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,
I was wondering if the included forms module records information from the users profile if logged in? I noticed that it does record IP address, but is there a way to get it to record the user name?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda,

You can create a custom control that inherits from Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.Web.UI.FormsControl and override OnBeforeFormSave where you can inject custom logic to the form.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Thank you very much for the response. Unfortunately, not being a programmer, I won't be able to implement this right away.

It might be something to consider for future upgrades. It would make sense to be able to collect information from the logged in user and associate it with that user.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda,

What you want is to be able to created forms containing fields which are filled with data from the user profiles.
So for example, the form can contain person name and IP, which if the user is logged in, will be prefilled automatically using the details of his profile.
Please, confirm that this is what you want to achieve.
Can you provide us with other scenarios that you want to cover?

This will help us identify the best solution to your problem.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Kalina,
Yes, this is exactly the functionality that I would be looking for.

For example, the members of our association log into the website to view our "members only" page. There we may have a form that functions as a survey for the members. We would like to know which member filled out that form without them having to fill in their name or company name.

Eventually, we would like to add their member ID to the profile so that we could capture that data as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda,
We are planning to  introduce a set of new widgets to Forms module in the next release (due in July).
I added this request to the task log.

This implementation has been requested by other customers and we will implement it.

All the best,
Kalina
the Telerik team

This thread is closed