Custom Module with Add Page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:32

Custom Module with Add Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2011 00:00

I've created a custom module and got it loaded into the CMS...so the landing page just displays all the items for that section...What i want now is to have a way for the user to add new data...when they click this they will be taken to a new page like the other Sitefinity Modules...is there an example for that somewhere?

By the way...upgrade to the newest version of Sitefinity and follow the Job Module Basic example...you will be able to get a custom module up in just a  few hours your first time...after that you can do it in about 30 minutes.

Thanks for the help

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Jerami,

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to have more pages, you will have to create them in the Install method, just like the home page of the module is created. You may either add the controls to it via the back-end page editor, or via code. 

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

Is the back end page editor only available in Standard? Im using the community version for playing around and I don't seem to see the back end page editor...???

I have 3 clients who are all looking to go to Sitefinity on my recommendation and I want to make sure I'm up to speed on how to create a module efficiently. Im going through the Products Module and it seems very complex...

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Jerami,

Yes, you have this option in the Community and Standard editions. To edit backend pages, in the main menu at the top, click Administration » Backend Pages.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed