Custom fields for forms?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:28

Custom fields for forms?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

I would like to add properties to the form settings in the attached screenshot. How can I add form settings?

Hi Basem,

Unfortunately it is not possible to make changes to this section. If you can provide some details I will try to come up with a suggestions.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ooook :) The next way I was thinking of is storing the form properties on the form control on the page level (instead of the form level). So what I did was inherit "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.Web.UI.FormsControl" and put a public property there so I can set it on the page level. I added my new derived control in the toolbox and am using it.

Problem is that there is no "Advanced" button to show the form control properties. I am referring to when in the page edit mode. When editing the derived form control, I can not see or set my public derived properties. Any easy way to make the advanced button magically show? Or maybe an easy way to extend the control designer without re-creating lots of logic or interface code. Thanks for any help.

Here is a visual:

public class CustomFormsControl: Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.Web.UI.FormsControl
    /// <summary>
    /// Gets the SomeTestProp.
    /// </summary>
    [Category("Override Values")]
    public bool SomeTestProp

get;
        set;

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Basem,

Please take a look at this post

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-override-extend-formscontroldesigner.aspx

I sent a reply there about the same question.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed