Accessing restricted pages not sending to login page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:05

Accessing restricted pages not sending to login page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

I  need to have the ability to only allow "Authenticated" user roles to access the members folder and below of my website.

My site is setup as follows:

\root
\root\Members\
\root\Members\Index
\root\Members\Module1\Index
\root\Members\Module2\Index

If a user clicks on \root\Members or any other link below \root\Member, I would like to have them redirected to the login page.

Inside of SiteFinity (4.0), I have the "Members" page setup as a group page and the role permissions allow for "Authenticated" users to allowed and "Anonymous" users to deny.

Inside of my web.config, I have my forms and custom errors sections setup as follows:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="~/login" defaultUrl="~/Members/" timeout="60" />
</authentication>

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="~/login">
      <error statusCode="403" redirect="~/login" />
</customErrors>

When a user who is not yet "Authenticated" visits \root\Members, there appears to be a 403 error sending the user to the login page. 

The url that gets returned is as follows:

localhost:82/login

On my login page, I have a login control that allows the user to enter their username and password.  If the credentials are valid, I am able to login, however, I am not redirected to the original destination page that the user originally clicked on (for the example above /members).

How do I setup the sitefinity Login control to redirect the user to their original page, especially since the query string is showing "?aspxerrorpath" when I think it should be showing "?ReturnUrl/members"

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

This feature (of handling the aspxerrorpath in the error pages) is not implemented at this time.
I have logged a task (#39265) pending to be implemented on Q2.

All the best,
Alon Rotem
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

You can use this workaround on the page load event of the login page

if (Request.QueryString["aspxerrorpath"] != null)
    Response.Redirect(Request.RawUrl.Replace("aspxerrorpath", "ReturnUrl"));

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi George

Thanks for this reply.  However, I'm unclear on how I do this in a page built inside of SiteFinity and not a true "Login.aspx" page.  I need to have the ability to allow my client to adjust the Login page as necessary without touching the .aspx pages, that's why I'm using the login page created inside of SiteFinitity.

Do I need to create a Custom control put on the page?

I also noticed you answered a similar question in the following post.

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-4-0-forms-authentication.aspx

In that article you mention that we need to create a Custom Login control.  For this custom login control, can I inherit the base functionality of the SiteFinity login control and extend it or do I have to implement all the details that this control already contains today?

I should add, if I can Inherit and re-use the SiteFinity Login control, how would I go about being able to do that?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Another quick alternative is to create your own class library and extend Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.LoginControl and override the OnLoad method like this:

public class Login : Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.LoginControl
    protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)

if (Page.Request.QueryString["aspxerrorpath"] != null)

Page.Response.Redirect(Page.Request.RawUrl.Replace("aspxerrorpath", "ReturnUrl"));

base.OnLoad(e);

Then just change your toolbox to use this new control.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

How about this one (see attached images). When I log off through another browser on the same
machine and return to teh previous browser and try to invoke a property editor, I get the 'loginscreeninprpertyeditor.jpg' and when I enter the credentials i then get the error shown on 'afterloginerror.jpg'. I know that logging off from another browser is not normal use, but the redirection to the login page seems to have failed here.

Many thanks,
Andrei

This thread is closed