Links in News Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:13

Links in News Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

I'm currently getting problems using the News Widget. I'd like to show a list of news items in a left navigation and when I click the links it should take me to a separate page that I selected. I've done this and it works fine on the other page.

So i have an "Activities" page as a landing page and then I created a child page named "article" page to show the full News item on it. On the "Activities" page I have the list of News Items on the left and thus when I click them they open through the "article" page. My only problem is that I can't get the original list to still show on the left of the "article" page; it shows me the full details of the selected News Item on the "article" page. Hope I'm clear and not too confusing on the matter. Advice needed on this matter. Thanks again.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2011 00:00

The newslist can be permanently set to be in list view. Edit the widget and click on "Advanced". change the property for ContentViewDisplayMode from Automatic to Master. Now that list will always be in list view.

hope this was helpful!

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
It is showing me the only list , but it is showing me only the single news.... which i clicked on.
how to get all the news on that page.
Please help

Hello ,

Put two controls on the page - one in Master mode and the second in Details. Thus, you will keep the list of all items and at the same time you will have item in details mode on the page.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi,
Initially i got list of all items on news control which is in Master mode.
when i clicked on any news, it is opeing in detail in the news controll which is in Detail mode.
But my master news control is showing only that news as list. (rest of the news are not available in master mode news control)

Please help.....
It is very urgent...

Hi,

I am reposting here since the original thread was a bit old.

I am having some issues in 4.1 with the news module. It worked
fine in 4.0 SP1. see the attached image. Invalid resource errors
and so the news item is not displayed properly (as seen below).

Server Error in '/IDS' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unable to generate code for a value of type 'System.Object'. This error occurred while trying to generate the property value for Value.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: /IDS/SfCtrlPresentation/OpenAccessDataProvider,fba962d3a8dd4e5d836fc3b616d6f946.ascx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

at least that is what i think the problem is.

thanks,
andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
I am again posing my issue......Need help..

Initially i got list of all items on news control which is in Master mode.
when i clicked on any news, it is opeing in detail in the news controll which is in Detail mode.
But my master news control is showing only that news as list. (rest of the news are not available in master mode news control)

Please help.....
It is very urgent...

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2012 00:00

Any news on this this issue?
I'm also trying to create a page with a detailed news item together with a list of all news, but somehow the list of all news only show one or two news items depending on which detailed news I'm trying to view. In total I have 5 news items.
I'm using Sitefinity 4.4
Regards, Dennis

This thread is closed