What is the general use for the Backend Pages administration

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:31

What is the general use for the Backend Pages administration area?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2011 00:00

I am looking at it now for the first time, and it's all a bit too 'meta' for me, seems like a CMS for the CMS. 

Is it OK to change the URL of the Sitefinity group page? Can we also change the branding (or is that not allowed)?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Michiel,

You have a point when saying that Backend pages page is like a CMS for the CMS, and it plays a very important role in setting backend pages properties(e.g permissions, templates etc. ) in a user friendly manner.
Changing the default URL will be OK as long as you change it just for the login page, if you do it globally for the Sitefinity group page you risk problems in styles, references to the /Sitefinity URL and I would not recommend this to you.
Concerning branding, we do not allow re branding (i.e. removal of the Sitefinity logo from backend pages), but we do allow co-branding, namely putting the logo of your company next to the Sitefinity logo.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Ok, we'll have a look at co-branding in that area.

One thing I already noticed is that when I add a page or a group of pages to the top level of the backend menu, the submenu doesn't render the same way as the existing submenus (it looks 'broken' and the dropdshadow doesn't allign, see attachment). Is there a way to create menus and sections that look just like the built-in sections? For cases where we want to really create a significant module...

Thanks!

This thread is closed