Is it possible to make a multi-step (Wizard like) widget des

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:11

Is it possible to make a multi-step (Wizard like) widget designer?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Is it possible to make a multi-step widget designer control? I have a need for a 3 step wizard interface for a widget.

I'm not looking for specifics, just want to know if I'm headed down the wrong path before I get too deep on a particular need. If it is possible, generally which technology do I need to use/investigate further? .Net User Control? Lots of AJAX and Javascript? Something built into the Sitefinity API? etc..

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Dan Sorensen,

In order to create custom control designers for Sitefinity, you will have to use javascript and script controls. I am attaching a sample on how to create a custom designer for a date picker in our Forms. The documentation for that and its explanation is now being written in our Developers Guide. You can register your forms control from the advanced settings screen as shown in the attached screenshot.

This example features only a single designer view with two date picker, but you are free to modify it in order to suit your customer scenario.

Thank you for contacting us, and please let me know if you need further instructions.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/259665_5F00_DatePicker.rar:320:240]

This thread is closed