Where are the email notifications options?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:10

Where are the email notifications options?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Based on this blog post by Gabe Sumner I expected there to be an email notification system that can be configured in the backend, but I can't find it in a default install.

Did it not make it into the final 4.0 or 4.0 SP1 release?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Michiel,

There is email notification. You should set the SMTP settings from Administration >> Settings >> System

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ok, so those are the SMTP settings. But what about notifications, where can I manage them?

Hello Michiel,

Go to Administration >> Workflow and define a workflow

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan

Who should get the notifications?

- Only users and roles set as approvers or admins as well?

The question would be: if you dont set special approvers because you have only admins approve the changes, will admins get an notification by default?

Markus

Hello Markus ,

When the workflow is not configured, nobody gets notification by default. You should set roles and users that you want to notify. The workflow xaml could be modifies so you can define which uses will receive  a notification.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

I have set the 1 Step workflow in SE. And checked the checkbox: Notify users by email when an item is waiting for their approval.

So the question remains. Do notificatations only go to the user/roles you set under Set approvers or do users in the admin role get an notification by default?

Markus

Hello Markus ,

If you don't set users /roles the collection is empty, so nobody will receive notifications.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Ivan

That is good so.

Markus

This thread is closed