Rename "News" Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:04

Rename "News" Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2011 00:00

Hey folks,

Really digging the amount of control you can get from changing backend labels.  I have a client who wants "News" to be renamed "FAQs" and I've successfully done this in all cases by exporting the labels file, changing it, and importing it back up.

The only label that I cannot change (even though it looks like it is changed in the system, Is "News" in the Content dropdown.  Is there a way to get at that?

Thanks

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello William,

in "Interface labels & messages" search for this key "PageGroupNodeTitle". You will get several of them, but edit the one which says used in: "News resources"

Hope this helps. 

Best wishes,
Ivan
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hey Ivan,

Looks like I'd already changed the PageGroupNodeTitle used in News Resources.  Any other tips?

Thanks

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello William,

Please accept our apologies, this is how it's supposed to behave, but there seems to be a bug that's preventing these setting to apply dynamically. I've logged the bug with ID#112210 in our system and we'll fix it as soon as possible. I've updated your Telerik points accordingly.Here's a workaround which performs the renaming:

1) localize the label as Ivan said
2) delete the News page from the Backend pages (all children+Group page)
3) open the SystemConfig and remove the "version" from the news module (this will force the module to reinstall)
4) restart the application and it's there - up and running with the new label

Once again thank you for the patience and kind cooperation in resolving this issue.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Boyan,

Worked like a charm.  Thanks!

- William

This thread is closed