Cannot access Sitefinity in production environment

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:34

Cannot access Sitefinity in production environment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

I have moved my site into production and for a while it worked without issues. Now, out of nowhere, I am getting error: "Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Framework' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." To reiterate, this worked fine before. Telerik.Framework.dll is in the bin folder. In IIS, under Default Web Site, I have my Sitefinity site and Sitefinity3.7 listed as applications. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

*Highlighted line:

<add name="Simple Web Event Provider" type="Telerik.Utilities.TextFileWebEventProvider,Telerik.Framework" logFileName="~/App_Data/sitefinity.log" />

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello thomas,

This could happen if you are using health monitoring under medium trust and in this case you should disable it from the web.config. Another option is that you have nested applications and web.config inheritance is not broken. The third option is that the dll version is not the same as the project version - the correct dll is not referenced to the project, you can custom class libraries which reference the old version of the dll or there is some update of the dll ( in VS environment)

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Thank you for the response. I will, unfortunately, not be able to test until tonight. However, I did some testing on my test server and think that I know what the problem is (one of your recommendations).

I appreciate the support

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi thomas,

Ok, let me know if there are some issues, so I could try to provide you with more suggestions.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2011 00:00

Ivan,

I appreciate the help. The issue was caused from the way it was deployed. The site was embedded within a site with a physical path to itself. I removed it and added it as an additional website to the server. Everything is working perfectly now. You guys are pretty awesome.

Thanks

This thread is closed