Comments for any 'content block' or page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:49

Comments for any 'content block' or page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

The comments apply to news, events and blogs, is there a way to extend these to maybe attach them to a page, or content block or even a custom control?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Kristian,

The PageData has a property comments, so theoretically it is possible to have comments for pages. You should have custom control that gets/sets the comments. You can get the current page from the SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode and then call PageManager to extract the page node. The PageNode has a property Page which gives you the PageData object over which you can set comments. Note that the group pages do not have PageData.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

Cool, the comments per page takes care of one of my needs, but I also need to be able to attach comments to a custom control any be able to manipulate when it is visible and to who. Is this possible with the comments or is this something I should wait for the forums module to be available?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Kristian,

There aren't granular permissions for comments. You can choose only between registered and anonymous users and you can approve the comments before they get shown on the website. Of course it is possible to customize the comments view a bit to achieve your goal.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan / Kristian,

Please can you provide me sample so I unable to find PageData and Don't know how to do implementation, I would be great full if any one can tell me one by one steps.

Regards,
Qainanidris.com

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Qainan,

Please take a look at our developers manual where you will find the references you need.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed