Load Balancing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:31

Load Balancing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am looking at using a $50 or so hosting package for a Sitefinity 4 Standard Site at MaximumAsp.

On the page below it says "Sites are highly available with application aware load balancing"

http://www.maximumasp.com/products/cloudhosting/default.aspx

Does this mean I can't use this solution because of this feature and the "load-balancing" additional cost for Sitefinity Standard.

After 2 days, telerik support gave me a blog post to read but I am looking for a straight ahead answer. I don't want to interpret things (setting up hosting load balancing is not what I do)

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi John S.,

This is a shared hosting, so they use several servers and the client request is routed to the server best able to service it which should ensure a good performance in the context of the shared environment

"Not only is your IP address load balanced at the IP level for redundancy, but another layer of load balancing then abstracts the request to a hostname only, allowing it to be active in multiple locations in the server farm. Microsoft's Application Request Routing module means that you can dynamically add or subtract the number of servers the application-aware layer of load balancing will simultaneously use.

So if you have a website based on Sitefinity with NLB you should be able to set up this on the host. We have tested with the standard Microsoft implementation for NLB with one storage and sever IIS servers and I am not sure if there are any specifications that your host requires.

Also the plan you are going to use is with 100 MB database storage which is not enough if this is a medium website.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

Ivan,

Thanks for the response. That is enough for me to try it out.

John

This thread is closed